Financial Analyst Instructure
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Instructure is a successful, fast-moving technology company that is disrupting the Learning Management System (LMS) market by setting a new standard for education technology, and we're looking for some top-notch people to join the team. Our Company has been featured on TechCrunch, CNBC, and The Motley Fool (to name a few).
This position is responsible for supporting financial planning and analysis activities including...
- Assist with preparation of weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial analysis schedule of actual vs. budget variances.
- Prepare detailed annual financial budget and monthly financial forecasts.
- Provide financial analysis support to various areas of the company. This may include analysis of competition, financial metrics, process improvement initiatives, investments, etc.
- Participate in Nerf ambushes from time to time.
- Analyze and communicate performance against historical performance, plans, forecasts, and competitive results.
- Maintain and develop various financial models and standardized templates.
- FP&A first point of contact for issues, questions, and other needs.
- Initiating and carrying out special financial or planning projects of varying nature and complexity with limited supervision by clarifying objectives and assumptions or making appropriate judgments where necessary.
- Workload will vary, with forecasting and budgeting periods being particularly heavy.
Here are some things we use, so experience in these is a plus:
- Minimum of bachelor?s degree in accounting or finance.
- 3-5 years experience in accounting, financial analysis, forecasting and planning.
- Experience and understanding of financial principles, practices, and procedures and their application to complex analysis.
- Exceptional marksman skill and/or experienced in throwing the javelin.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial concepts practices.
- Familiarity and aptitude in working with financial and accounting software (NetSuite experience a plus).
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, experience with Google office software is important.
- Strong love and/or keen eye for the occasional team lunch ordered in.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work with team members of all levels.
- Able to prioritize tasks and manage time.
- Able to handle information with high confidentiality.
- Positive and professional attitude (yes, even in Finance).
Here?s why we look for those things:
This position is expected to provide timely, relevant, and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the Company?s performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted, and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan.
Maintain and develop various financial models and standard templates distributed for use by all of Finance during the planning processes, ensuring quality, accuracy, and focused analytic review.
As the first point of contact for issues and questions, you are instrumental in working with business to solve their problems as well as understand how we can meet their needs.
This position is expected to possess the skills and initiative to carry out special financial planning and/or analysis of projects of varying nature and complexity with limited supervision by clarifying objectives and assumptions or making appropriate judgments where necessary. So, yes, we believe in accountability (We know it's weird).
Instructure has a pretty relaxed atmosphere. No one has an office, we actually like working with each other so we sit together. We care a lot more about what people do than how they dress.
100% Employer Paid Benefits for You and Your Qualified Dependents (We?ve got you and yours covered!):
- Medical (United Healthcare)
- Dental (LifeMap)
- Life, STD/LTD (Assurant)
- Lots of paid time off (ask us about this one)
- 8 paid holidays
Equity. Fully stocked break room. Equipment provided.
||Sandy, UT |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED