Financials Principal Consultant, Education & Government Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Workday is the leader in enterprise-class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses. Our solutions combine the lower cost of ownership of SaaS with a modern approach to applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers Human Capital Management, Payroll, Financial Management and Spend Management solutions for midsize and Fortune 500 companies.
The Professional Services Principal Consultant for Higher Education/Public Sector will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of the Workday solution.Â The Principal Consultant will provide Workday product and implementation expertise to their engagements.Â The Principal Consultant will work with their clients to understand their business requirements and help configure, optimize and test the Workday solution.Â The Principal Consultant will take direction and provide status to the Engagement Manager assigned to their project.Â
Position available in Pleasanton, Los Angeles, NY Metro, Chicago, Atlanta and DC
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Become an expert in the Workday product suite â Financial Management, Initiatives, Spend Management, and Grants Management.
- Perform the following on an engagement : 1) understand client business requirements, 2) configure the Workday solution, 3) demonstrate the configurations through the development of prototype systems, 4) assist the client in testing the Workday solution
- Work with the client and the Workday Integrations team to help convert legacy data into Workday
- Complete the work assigned to you by the Engagement Manager within the budgeted time allocated
- Assist the integration consulting team in helping to configure and test integrations between Workday and Procurement, Billing, Budgeting and other 3rd party/custom solutions
- Understand Workdayâs Implementation Methodology and use it on all engagements
- Work with Delivery Assurance to ensure compliance with agreed to checkpoints
- Help mentor new Principal Consultants
- Develop best practices as it pertains to higher education business processes and socialize with the Workday ecosystem.
- Ensure the client takes advantage of Workday best practices
- Identify opportunities to position other service offerings
- Ensure the client is referencable once the client is in production
- Participate in update training and other events that help share oneâs product skills with other consultants
- Participate in Product Team lead initiatives to better centralize the dissemination of product information
- Provide the Engagement Manager with status reports and keep them apprised of overall project status
- 4+ years implementing financial applications for the higher education (College/University) and/or state and local governments.
- Previous consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/software company.
- Experience working with early stage product development
- Experience implementing Workday, SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, higher education and/or state and local government grant/fund accounting systems or similar applications.
- Experience with at least 2 functional areas:
oÂ Â General Ledger
oÂ Â Accounts Payable
oÂ Â Grant Management Â
oÂ Â Procurement
oÂ Â Payroll
oÂ Â Projects
oÂ Â Financial Reporting
- Bachelor degree required
- Experience with Public Sector Accounting (Fund Accounting and Encumbrance Accounting)
- Experience with Grant related Business Processes (Pre-Award, Post-Award, Budgeting, Billing, Grants.gov)
- Experience working with or in a Higher Education environment
- Passion for customer service
- Functional experience required
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills are valued
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Business analysis and requirements gathering abilities.
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training.
- Experience with multiple financial applications a plus
- PMP certification a plus
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
||New York, NY |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services