Firmware Engineer - Body Controls
Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to design and implement firmware designs specifically for vehicle body controls. Reporting to the Body Controls Firmware Manager, the firmware engineer will belong in a team dedicated to designing and implementing body controls for the next generation Tesla vehicles.
The right candidate will be highly organized and confident with an ability to implement requirements for projects within set deadlines, as well as assisting the body controls team with a range of activities. You will also be cooperating with the body controls hardware team as well as other departments in order to achieve a successful outcome.
This full time role requires the flexibility of being able to support the development team out-of-hours when necessary.
- Determine functional feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, state machines, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepare and implement solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Update job knowledge by keeping up to date with development tools, programming techniques, and development equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplish engineering and departmental goals by completing related objectives as needed.
- Develop firmware solutions by studying information needs; conferring with the team; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the firmware development lifecycle.
- Develop a secure interface to the vehicle, including immobilizer functionality, entry security, user identification and ECU security.
- Degree in Software / Electrical Engineering and with experience working with embedded systems
- Design of embedded systems written primarily in the C language
- Experience in writing and understanding technical specifications
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Experienced real-time design
- Security algorithms, cryptography etc, wireless technologies, specifically LF, RF, Bluetooth / BLE
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Location:||Deer Creek, OK |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|