Firmware Engineer - Gateway
Tesla Motors designs and manufactures the most advanced electric vehicles and electric powertrains in the world. We do not compromise on innovation, performance, or appeal. Nor do we compromise our commitment to hiring and developing the best from around the world.
We work in small, focused teams which, much like our products, are agile, efficient, and focused on excellence. We are driven by work that contributes to a global impact and are passionate about our future in the automotive industry. The pace is fast, the work is stimulating, structure is limited, and innovation is expected.
Do you question tradition and constantly think of ways to improve status quo? Do you thrive in environments where brilliance is common and challenge is the norm? Are you excited by challenge because you're amongst the best in your field? If so, you'd be in good company at Tesla Motors.
We are looking for an outstanding, creative firmware design engineer for the vehicle gateway, which manages communication between vehicle ECU modules across different buses and different protocols, as well as logging and remote diagnostics. Reporting to the Gateway Firmware Manager, the firmware engineer will belong in a team dedicated to designing and implementing the gateway for the next generation Tesla vehicles.
- Designing and implementing new efficient, scalable firmware applications and drivers
- Designing and implementing improvements to the existing vehicle gateway
- Architecting for scalability, testability, and extensibility
- Isolating and debugging challenging issues in-system
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Experience designing real-time embedded systems in C
- Experience writing and understanding technical specifications
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Experience with networking applications is a plus
- Experience with CAN and Ethernet is a plus
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|