Fleet Data Analysis Engineer
Tesla Motors is an aggressive, well-funded start-up in the San Francisco Bay Area that is making advanced electric vehicles, batteries, and drive systems a reality. We are building a technically strong, motivated and very fast-moving engineering team which prides itself on superior execution.
We are currently seeking a Data Analyst for our System Integration Team.
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar
Relevant skills and experience:
- Proficient in C, C++, and Python.
- Strong analytic problem solving skills, and an aptitude for learning systems quickly
- Strong organization and documentation skills, and strong attention to detail
- Resourcefulness, excellent communication skills, and capable of working across various departments (including manufacturing, engineering, supply chain, validation, and service)
- Data visualization
- Experience with complex mechanical/electrical systems
- Exposure to object-oriented programming, embedded programming, distributed task environments
- Expertise in resolution of customer/field issues, automotive or complex systems a plus
Roles and responsibilities:
- Support multiple vehicle programs during engineering, development, production
- Identify trends in field vehicle performance metrics in order to flag potential problems before they occur
- Develop applications and methodologies for analyzing subsets of data across the entire fleet to identify and debug issues, as well as displaying large sets of vehicle data to engineering and management groups
- Provide engineering support of Tesla-designed components: identify problems in the fleet, investigates root cause, helps find containment and solution, communicate problems to drive future designs
- Contribute to the development of powertrain control software algorithms and service tools
- Characterize performance of vehicle components to understand typical behavior for diagnostic purposes
- Enhance customer vehicle incident detection through machine learning, engineering-specified incident thresholds and improved notification/reporting techniques
- Conduct system integration activities within the vehicle/end application, addressing system interactions, tradeoffs and compromises
Tesla Motors is hiring highly qualified and dedicated individuals. Our hiring bar is high to keep our team size small, so each member of our team must be among the most technically gifted in his or her field. You must have a demonstrated track record in your field. Here are some other hiring criteria:
- You must have a genuine passion for electric vehicles and electric propulsion systems.
- You must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company.
- We are building real products -- not presentations. This must excite you. You must be a builder.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, health benefits, an exciting work environment and the chance to contribute greatly towards developing more efficient transportation.
|Location:||Deer Creek, IL |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|