Trulia gives home buyers, sellers, owners and renters the inside scoop on properties, neighborhoods and real estate professionals. Trulia has unique info on the areas people want to live that can't be found anywhere else: users can learn about agents, neighborhoods, schools, crime and even ask the local community questions. Real estate professionals use Trulia to connect with millions of transaction-ready buyers and sellers each month via our hyper local advertising services, social recommendations and top-rated mobile apps. Trulia was founded in 2005. We are a successful rapidly growing Internet technology company, built on an employee-centric, values driven culture, and we have been recognized as a 'Best Place to Work' in both the San Francisco Bay Area and Denver.
This position will report to the Senior Director of FP&A at Trulia and will be based in our downtown San Francisco office. The FP&A Manager will be responsible for planning, forecasting and reporting activities across the company, as well as driving business analysis and strategic insights. This role will offer the candidate a unique opportunity to impact the future direction of Trulia's fast growing business.
While our work is serious, we are not. At Trulia, we're surrounded by people with diverse interests and personalities. From semi-pro athletes, ping-pong phenoms, & avid surfers to chicken farmers, jugglers, thespians, & bakers, we're all energized, engaged, and happy people with one common focus - to give consumers the inside scoop on finding their next place to live. Trulia offers a fast-paced, fun environment with very sharp motivated people and a great opportunity to learn, grow and succeed.
- Drive planning, forecasting and reporting related processes across the company as both a process owner and analytical thought leader.
- Help drive the company towards better outcomes through accurate forecasting, clear communication of performance & insightful synthesis of results
- Drive real-time insights & analytical basis for C-level decisions on financial architecture and resource allocation.
- Support long-term strategic planning and presentation creation.
- Partner closely with business owners throughout the company to build collaborative working relationships and influence them to superior results through data driven insights.
- Drive various regular and ad hoc analytical projects that deliver key insights for making critical business decisions.
- Streamline processes, optimize financial systems, and help build out reporting infrastructure.
- Help design and build presentations for Executive and Board level audiences.
- Analyze potential M&A acquisition companies as needed.
- Previous consulting experiences in top-tier consulting firms required (Bain, McKinsey, BCG, Monitor, etc.).
- 8-10 years of increasingly responsible experience in finance or strategy with a bias towards quantitative analysis and Financial Planning & Analysis.
- The ideal candidate will combine experience in a larger company with experience in a smaller, more nimble organization, with broad exposure throughout all levels of the organizations.
- Expertise in quantitative analysis and presentation. Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
- The candidate must show facility with executive-level consultations. This requires demonstrated skills in fact-based analysis, presentation, and interpersonal interaction.
- Superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and executive management
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a strong emphasis on teamwork, initiative and integrity.
- MBA is a big plus
Additional notes/Distinctions for the position:
Work Location: San Francisco
Travel: ~10% of time (potentially travelling 1x per quarter)
|Location:||San Francisco, CA |