Front End Developer Narrative Science
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job opening ID3
Roles and responsibilitiesWe are looking for a talented, motivated engineer to participate in the full software development lifecycle of building front-end applications for Quill, a cloud-based platform for generating insight from data, as well as key customer facing web and mobile applications. This role will drive user-story gathering, mockups and wireframes as well as develop, launch and support key application code and UI. Narrative Science is a highly collaborative environment, and fast paced, so strong communication skills are essential and the candidate must be able to deliver under pressure.
Narrative Science has a built a robust, general purpose cloud-based platform for ingesting and analyzing data, generating stories under numerous scheduling and trigger conditions and delivering those stories in a variety of document formats and styles. We have a team of project managers, writers and engineers that use the platform in-house to design, build and configure new data and story generation capabilities. Our aim now is to create a full, end-to-end user experience on top of this platform to empower our story development teams to develop insight for any kind of data and for any kind of editorial goal in less time and with less effort.
- Gather user stories, feature asks and bug reports.
- Meet regularly with fellow engineers, users and stakeholders to prioritize efforts.
- Diagram flows, create mock-ups and wireframes to address user needs.
- Use the whiteboard or a sheet of paper as needed to drive a conversation.
- Write-up proposals, diagram wireframes with tooling.
- Get peer review, incorporate feedback, gain acceptance on proposals.
- Design, plan and scope work with manager and stakeholders.
- Write unit tests, automated web-UI tests and related integration tests.
- Participate in packaging, releases, deployment and support of code.
- Support end-users in-house and external to company.
- Participate in peer design reviews, code reviews.
Skill set- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical area or industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals and proven ability to code.
- Knowledge of HTML(5), CSS, and related tools.
Experience creating mock-ups and wireframes.
- Strong domain expertise in web libraries, tools and services.
- Strong knowledge of how web browsers interact with web services.
- Knowledge of REST. Ideal candidates will have experience building REST services as well as coding clients to them.
- Experience with developing with scripting languages, such as Python or Ruby.
- Ability to dig into back-end code, fix bugs, advise on APIs and architecture.
- Experience with Unix / Linux systems (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat, etc.).
- Familiarity with cloud computing strongly desired. Ideal candidates will have experience with AWS.
- Experience with continuous integration systems. Knowledge of Jenkins is a plus.
- Experience writing web-UI tests with selenium or web-UI testing frameworks.
||Chicago, IL |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED