Front-End Engineer Thumbtack
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED As a front-end engineer at Thumbtack, your varied skills and our bottom-up product process will give you as much autonomy and license as you can handle. If you can build it and it's good for the company, do it! There's no limit to how valuable you can be or how much of an effect you can have here.
We want people who want to make their mark on the world, who are itchy, who tinker. We want people with the ambition to dream big and the talent to see those dreams through.
Some things about you:
- You see the web as a beautiful, intricate, occasionally clumsy Rube Goldberg machine. Working with it isn't a chore; it's a challenge.
- You spend almost as much time inspecting a page's elements and figuring out how it works as you do using it. You're insatiably curious about how websites are made and what they're made of.
- You think complaining about IE support is so five years ago. You know exactly how, when, and when not to play nice across different browsers and platforms.
- You keep abreast with modern web practices and trends but know when to stay pragmatic in their implementations.
Skills & Requirements
The ideal candidate is excited about:
- Clean, accessible, understandable markup
- A/B testing, data-driven decision making
- Responsive web design
- Graceful degradation, progressive enhancement
- A portfolio of real, live projects; contributions to open-source
- An eye for design, or at least a good appreciation for it
- An ability to identify workflow pain-points and create tools that solve them
Build the Future at Thumbtack
Ever wonder why you can buy any product you want online with a single click, but you can't hire a DJ, photographer, handyman, house cleaner, or any other service without making a dozen phone calls? So did we.
Thumbtack is making it dramatically easier for consumers to hire local service pros. We have incredible traction, a talented and passionate team, just raised $12.5m from Sequoia, and are excited to be solving a real problem for real people. Come build the future with us.
Why Should You Join Us?
- Incredible Traction: We're now helping millions of consumers a year across the country find the right pro and driving our business owners more than a quarter billion dollars worth of jobs annually. We're just getting started.
- Talented team: Our team is talented, fun, and passionate about what we do.
- Enormous opportunity: Local services are a $500+ billion market and the space is wide open. This is your opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a dent-making company that is solving a real problem for real people.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Ever wonder why you can buy any product online with a single click, but you can't hire a photographer, tutor, contractor, or other local service professional without a dozen phone calls So did we. Thumbtack's mission is to make it dramatically easier to hire services, at the same time empowering independent professionals to grow their businesses.Investors: Javelin
, MHS Capital
, Sequoia Capital All Jobs: at Thumbtack
|Headquarters:||454 Natoma St.|
San Francisco, CA 94103
|Industry:||Consumer Products and Services|
|Company Profile:||Thumbtack is making life easier. Thumbtack delivers multiple quotes from our network of vetted pros within 24 hours. We can help you maintain your home, plan your events, learn new skills, improve your wellness and more across all 50 states. By connecting local professionals directly with new clients, we're empowering more than 250,000 talented pros to grow their businesses. Thumbtack delivers custom quotes from vetted professionals for any service within 24 hours, enabling consumers to effortlessly compare prices and hire the perfect fit.
Come work and grow with great people who care about having a lasting impact.
Check us out - find out more information here:
Support Thumbtack with Social Media services