Front-end Engineer Uversity, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Join our small product team as we build a more social higher education. We create apps to help students in colleges connect. For example, we recently built "Roommate Finder" - a wildly successful addition to our Schools App social network.
As a member of our team you will:
- Collaborate on design and implementation. Your great ideas will be valued. We love sharing ideas and newly learned techniques.
- Work mostly alone on execution. That said there are plenty of smart people to bounce ideas off of and/or pair with. Use our existing frameworks and libs, try a new one that you just learned about, or build your own. "Always be learning" is one of our core values.
- Be responsible for our full-web and mobile-web applications while other engineers handle our native mobile iPhone and Android apps as well as the Rails backend that powers the shared APIs.
- Help QA and support our apps and features going forward
Requirements: please provide a cover letter explaining your experience with front-end web development and your interest in working on Uversity's product team
- CSS e.g. responsive / mobile, SASS/LESS, Compass, Bootstrap, mixins, Rails asset pipeline, etc
- Links to relevant live example work
- Github projects
- Experience collaborating on software projects
- Interest in higher education and Uversity
Why Work at Uversity?
What's better than going to work with people you like and solving problems that truly matter? We can't think of anything either.
We're a smart, vibrant, agile team that's committed to great product design and execution with a bit of fun and a lot of heart. We're reinventing what it means to create enterprise software, and creating a new category of social software in education. Our applications help improve the college experience by encouraging relationships and fostering community.
We offer heavily subsidized health, vision, dental, phone and gym plans. MacBook provided. The office is fully stocked with snacks and goodies as well as catered lunches two days per week and there is always a dog to relax and play with.
Sound like you? Then send in your information and let's chat.
Uversity is an Equal Opportunity Employer
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
5 - 20M RaisedInvestors: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
, Founders Fund
, Retro Venture Partners All Jobs: at Uversity, Inc.
|Headquarters:||1550 Bryant Street|
San Francisco, CA 94103
|Company Profile:||Uversity (formerly Inigral) was founded in 2007 with the belief that students should love the software they use to connect with their college. Our student engagement platform builds community by connecting students with the right information and the right people during the admissions process, and leverages these student-to-student interactions to inform how higher education institutions communicate and engage with their best-fit students.|
Support Uversity, Inc. with Social Media services