Full-Stack Developer (focused more on Front-End Development) Abine Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Some experience with Ruby and potentially other back-end languages
- Experience working with Bootstrap framework a plus
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally
- Desire to work and learn in a fast-paced, early-stage company
- Ability to thrive in an iterative environment where priorities and activities change quickly
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously, self-manage, and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly without much training and hit the ground running
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and ability to take direction from multiple functional areas within the business
Projects will include, but are not limited to building new web and landing pages, coding emails, utilizing our split test framework to help validate business hypotheses, building out the product UI, and working on database / back-end projects depending on experience.
You will be responsible for all in-house web development efforts. You will own the website, and there will be potential for UI / UX / other work on our products (web applications and browser extensions). Because Abine is an early stage company, everyone pitches in and helps out with everything, so you will have an opportunity to learn, grow, and contribute in other areas of the business too.
About The Company
Abine was founded on a simple premise: people who want online privacy should be able to get it. Focused on creating the one-stop shop for consumer online privacy, we want every day Internet users to be able to be in control of their personal information online, conveniently and easily. Our security veterans are developing new and exciting ways for people to take back the control that is rightfully theirs.
With coverage on TechCrunch, LifeHacker, CNET, NPR, WSJ, NY Times, USA Today, and other outlets across over 1,000 articles, backing from General Catalyst Partners and Atlas Venture (two of the premier venture capital firms in Boston), and several million users and counting, Abine is the leader in online privacy.
We are a small, fast-paced team that works hard, gets a lot done, and has a lot of fun. While fast-paced, the office culture is laid back. Everyone works together very closely, and we are very open-minded about new ideas and approaches. Every day we are collectively debating solutions to new problems, or discussing ways to make our products better for the millions of people that use them.
Oh yeah, and we were nominated by Mass TLC (Massachusetts Technology Leadership Council) for consumer product of the year for our product DoNotTrackMe!
Other Things The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- BS in Finance, Engineering, or Design from a top university (or NOT if you're just plain awesome)
- 3+ years' work experience (same deal, not necessary if you're a rock star)
- Must live in Boston area and work in our office (5 minute walk from South Station)
- Startup experience a plus
- A passion for consumer technology products and services
- Experience working on consumer web brands or in consumer tech a plus
Perks Of The Job
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- Premier coverage for medical and dental insurance
- An exciting and challenging work environment
- Work with only the best people
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited coffee, Cheez-It's, Gummy Bears, and M&M's!
How To Apply For This Role
Please email Zach at firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- A resume or link to your website with a bio,
- A link to a portfolio or a few websites you've built or contributed to (and what contributed, if it was a team effort), and
- A few words (be concise) about why you are a good fit for the role.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED