Full Stack PHP Engineer Zillow
Zillow's rental team in San Francisco is looking for a full-stack PHP engineer with solid experience building large-scale web applications. Be part of a focused, talented team that is creating fast, beautiful, and innovative tools to change how people rent homes. We are a technology driven group who constantly strives to optimize and use the best engineering methods available to build a cutting edge product.
You'll work with our small team of engineers and designers to build and scale our web sites, the APIs that power our mobile applications, and the internal tools we use to improve the efficiency of our team & infrastructure. On some projects, you'll work alone, and will do both back-end and front-end development to polish a feature to completion. As a full stack engineer, you'll be expected to work with PHP, MySQL, Apache, Memcached, Elasticsearch, jQuery, SCSS, and any other technologies we add to the stack.
- A minimum of 3 years object-oriented PHP development, and 5 years overall software development
- Advanced understanding of scaling web applications: fine-tuning & writing efficient queries in MySQL, creating reusable cache layers, striking the right balance between redundancy & normalization, choosing between server-side and client-side code, and selecting the correct data store for the job
- The ability to internalize business goals and technical requirements, and generate innovative solutions with minimum supervision.
- A penchant for quality. Writing unit tests and producing pixel perfect work are instinctual.
- A history of getting along with your teammates; you have convictions but aren't tenacious.
- Strong communication skills.
Nice to have
- Strong Git skills (e.g. rebasing, submodules, hooks)
- Environment automation/management experience with tools such as Vagrant and Chef
- Experience architecting on Amazon Web Services
- Message queue experience (Gearman, SQS, etc)
||San Francisco, CA |