Full Stack Python Developer foodtoeat.com
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED We at FoodtoEat are a fun and ambitious online food ordering startup - featuring menus from food trucks, restaurants, and caterers. We're changing the face of online food ordering with our sustainable business model, cool new features, and did we mention we're the first to include food trucks?!
1-3 Years experience with common web technologies and rapid web development languages, preferably Python.
Strong understanding of MVC framework. Django preferred.
Experience with relational databases and modeling
Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and scalability
Able to work well in a high output, short-cycle agile or continuous release environment
Familiar with software development on UNIX environment
Experience with version controlling (Git, SVN)
Comfortable with ambiguous/undefined problems
Detail-oriented, natural problem solver with a passion to build
Joel Test 10/12:
1. Do you use source control? Yes. Git.
2. Can you make a build in one step? Yes. Jenkins.
3. Do you make daily builds? Yes. Every time you commit. You break it - you buy doughnuts
4. Do you have a bug database? Yes. Github.
5. Do you fix bugs before writing new code? Yes. Ideally.
6. Do you have an up-to-date schedule? Yes.
7. Do you have a spec? Yes.
8. Do programmers have quiet working conditions? Mostly. If it's not quiet it's fun.
9. Do you use the best tools money can buy? N/A since we do everything on open source.
10. Do you have testers? Yes. Unit tests that we will write.
11. Do new candidates write code during their interview? Most definitely! Be prepared.
12. Do you do hallway usability testing? Yes. It's not limited to a hallway.
Please submit your resume and anything else you feel makes you stand out.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
We at FoodtoEat are a fun and ambitious online food ordering startup - featuring menus from food trucks, restaurants, and caterers. We're changing the face of online food ordering with our sustainable business model, cool new features, and did we mention we're the first to include food trucks
Profitable Self Funded All Jobs: at foodtoeat.com
|Headquarters:||235 E 51st St, Suite 5A|
New York, NY 10022
|Company Profile:||Rapidly expanding, FoodToEat needs a creative in-house developer seeking to join a small team in developing back to front systems from the ground up. We're looking for 3+ years experience. A plus would be a full-stack python web development experience.
--Strong understanding of MVC framework. Experience with Python Django preferred.
--Experience with relational databases, such as Postgres or MySQL.
--Able to work well in a high output, short-cycle agile or continuous release environment.
--Familiar with Linux/Unix shell commands.
--Experience with version controlling (Git, Mercurial)
--Detail-oriented, natural problem solver with a passion to build
Please submit your ONE page resume, and links to your github/bitbucket or website.
Support foodtoeat.com with Social Media services