Full Time - Title Reader/Examiner RedVision
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Overview:
Responsible for the reading/examination and completion of all assigned tasks required for property title searches, ranging in various levels of complexity, to determine the status of title, encumbrances, objections and exceptions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Review abstract of title, tax and survey information and other applicable documents in their entirety for accuracy and completeness to ensure final product meets defined company/industry standards.
2. Verify vesting and encumbrances to title.
3. Read/Examine documents to set forth objections and exceptions to title using underwriter codebook.
4. Ensure that all rules and guidelines were followed in search.
5. Prepare or assist and advise typist in preparing title report/commitment and/or foreclosure certificate.
6. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and levels of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is sedentary, typically employee sits comfortably to do the work. There may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items such as paper, books, or notebooks.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment that requires normal safety precautions.
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum 24 months prior title reading/examination experience with complex title issues including probate, administration, foreclosure and bankruptcy
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, and Web navigation
3+years? experience performing title readings/examinations with complextitle issues including probate, administration, foreclosure and bankruptcy
Prior title clearance experience
Proficient in use of company order processing platform
Ability to work in an accurate, detail-oriented and highly productive manner
Working knowledge of legal documents affecting title to real property and methods by which they are recorded, liens, encumbrances and circumstances that affect title to real property
Knowledge of local filing requirements, recording fees, and abstracting procedures
Knowledge of surveys and plotting metes and bounds
Familiarity with all procedures performed in commitment production?including abstracts, examinations, document retrieval, surveys, plat maps, tax data, etc.
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations and tasks requiring detail, concentration, and accuracy
Ability to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
Ability to work both independently and contribute in every aspect to a team environment
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED