Game Server Infrastructure Engineer ngmoco
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED At ngmoco:) our goal is to make the best mobile social games in the world and our game servers are central to that goal. Simply put, we're looking for the most talented and driven server engineers in the gaming business. Our game server engineers build software that juggles the needs of a massive user population.
As a Server Engineer, you will be building large, scalable services for delivering dynamic social gaming for iPhone and Android.
Things we expect from our game server infrastructure engineers:
- 5 or more years of experience developing backend software.
- A deep understanding of computers and computer programming.
- An ability to communicate well with game developers all over the world.
- A commitment to writing testable code and accompanying tests.
- Lots of experience with databases of all kinds, with different ways of hooking them up to applications, and with database tools.
- An understanding of modern web application architecture. You should know what REST means. You should know what an HTTP request and response look like.
- Strong understanding of computer networking in general, including knowledge of live deployments and the hardware and software that make it happen.
- A strong foundation in Unix/Linux. You should be able to hop onto a box and tell us what's running and how well it's running.
- Experience with scaling applications from a single machine to a large deployment.
Additional experience we love to see in our server engineering candidates:
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB/Cassandra/Redis/etc)
- An understanding of cloud deployments, especially with Amazon's Web Services.
- We generally love to see that you have a curiosity about the wonderful and ever-changing world of distributed computer applications.
||2255 Washington Street |
San Francisco, CA 94115
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED