General Counsel, Wink Inc. Quirky
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED General Counsel, Wink Inc.
We are Quirky.
We make invention accessible.
We believe that the best ideas in the world aren't actually in the world--they're locked in people's heads.
We exist to solve that problem.
Wink is a subsidiary of Quirky centered on building beautifully designed apps that control Internet-connected products from both Quirky and third-party manufacturers. Wink represents a massive shift in the smart home industry and the way people interact with connected products. In short, it's something you're going to want to be a part of.
You are an amazing and talented legal advisor and negotiator who knows how to solve problems through to completion, and make sound decisions when confronted with difficult risks. You have significant experience as a legal decision-maker at a consumer facing software company. You get excited by new technologies and consider yourself as a strong strategic partner in building a company. You are able to work on complex issues requiring in-depth evaluation of legal and business factors and are willing and able to tackle a variety of projects simultaneously to meet demanding deadlines. You want to be part of something big. If this sounds like you, read on...
- Manage all normal course legal needs for the Wink business - IP, commercial transactions,
regulatory and litigation
- Draft, negotiate and administer a variety of commercial agreements including vendor contracts
and agreements with strategic partners.
- Ensure legal compliance of products, and non-infringement and protection of intellectual
- Proactively and efficiently resolve disputes and neutralize risks
- Ensure timely, high-quality analysis and advice on legal and business issues
- Engage in and lead various other legal projects and duties, including compliance matters, as
- Passion for what we are building at Wink
- 7-10 years of legal professional experience, including 5 years with a consumer facing software
- JD from accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in at least one state
- Competency with IP, including patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets
- Competency with privacy and other technology law issues
- Product regulatory experience with consumer electronics and software products
- Significant experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements including
software development and support agreements
- Some IP litigation experience preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and collaborate at all levels, internally and externally,
with lawyers and non-lawyers
- Ability and willingness to make sound judgment calls on questions of risk
Check us out at www.quirky.com. Spend some time on our site and Wink app understanding what we do. If you like what you see, please continue. Submit your resume and application online along with a cover letter letting us know why you are perfect for this role.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
We Make Invention Accessible
20 - 50M RaisedInvestors: FreshTracks Capital
, Norwest Venture Partners
, RRE Ventures All Jobs: at Quirky
|Industry:||Consumer Products and Services|
|Company Profile:||For centuries, becoming an "inventor" has been a hard gig to crack. Complexities relating to financing, engineering, distribution, and legalities have stood in the way of brilliant people executing on their great ideas.
Since launching in 2009, Quirky has rapidly changed the way the world thinks about product development.
We bring two brand new consumer products to market each week, by enabling a fluid conversation between a global community and Quirky's expert product design staff.
The world influences our business in real-time, and we share our revenue directly with the people who helped us make successful decisions.|
Support Quirky with Social Media services