General Manager, North America Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: This position is responsible for the commercial success and financial performance of the North American Branch. The GM is responsible for the development and execution of a business strategy which aligns with corporate objectives and delivers above-market growth in both revenue and earnings.
1. Define, establish and implement effective short, medium and long-range objectives for the branch operation; to achieve revenue growth in line with market potential through action plan and tactics directed through direct sales force, distributors and collaborations.
2. Ensure excellent communication and understanding of the needs and dynamics of the NA market to the corporate leadership team; ensure strong alignment between business plans, global initiatives, marketing plans and financial incentives.
3. Identify business initiatives specific for NA for purposes of collaboration, technology introduction and technology acquisition. Report on comprehensive market segment opportunities; including competitor information in the life science research market in NA.
4. The GM will define and implement business growth strategies with clearly defined goals, objectives, critical success factors, timeliness, budgets and action items to significantly enhance Promega?s success in selling existing and new products in multiple market and customer segments.
5. Ensures feedback mechanisms are in place to monitor competitive trends, customer dynamics and technology trends to provide corporate functions timely and regular feedback for development of strategic initiatives and direction.
6. Motivate, develop and deploy the skill set of his/her staff to establish a high performance sales and marketing team. Works with management team to identify and mentor high potential employees.
7. Work with business segment leaders to develop and deploy country specific sales and marketing plans. Implement procedures necessary to examine results achieved, with comparisons to the plan.
8. Develop and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders, customers and strategic partners to support Promega?s strategic and tactical initiatives for higher market share.
9. Build a technical sales support capability to establish and grow Promega?s reputation as an innovative and knowledgeable company within North America.
10. Responsible for vision, goals, objectives and management of the relevant field sales and in-house sales functions of the Company.
11. Responsible for channel strategies to optimize revenue growth in support of marketing plans.
12. Approves annual, quarterly and monthly sales objectives, as well as regional revenue forecasts, sales budgets and other sales investment plans to align with the company?s marketing plans. Provides executive level summary of sales performance on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
13. Identifies opportunities, develops strategies, and works with clients at a global level. Will call upon decision makers at multiple management levels in an organization.
14. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Other related duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills illustrated by track record.
2. Demonstrates a sense of urgency with a motivating attitude.
1. M.S. life science degree or equivalent experience preferred and MBA or equivalent experience required.
2. Demonstrated track record of 10 or more years experience in business unit management with full P&L responsibilities running a business with $50 million+ portfolio and multiple departments.
3. Strong market knowledge and understanding of Genomics, Proteomics, Cell Analysis, Molecular Diagnostics and new markets.
4. Executes sound judgment, analyzes issues, thinks strategically, creatively, and uses innovative ideas.
5. Proven experience marketing both new technologies or products, and more mature established products.
6. Strong strategic and tactical marketing, marketing communications, market research, product management, distribution channels, competitive intelligence, and customer relationship management.
7. Good knowledge of existing and emerging marketplace distribution channels and how to creatively employ them for competitive advantage.
8. Demonstrates communication skills for multiple audiences via multiple media, including shifting communication style, rapid synthesis for executive communication, and analytical communication for detail-oriented audiences. Exceptional public speaking skills needed to represent corporation at external meetings, conferences and organizations. Able to present high level information based on analysis and facts.
1. Advanced Degree M.S., Ph.D., or MBA Preferred.
2. Prior experience as a general manager.
1. Must have the ability to use computer equipment.
2. Must have the ability to travel both domestically and internationally as needed.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||Madison, WI |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED