Geospatial Software Engineer Trulia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Trulia gives home buyers, sellers, owners and renters the inside scoop on properties, neighborhoods and real estate professionals. Trulia has unique info on the areas people want to live that can't be found anywhere else: users can learn about agents, neighborhoods, schools, crime and even ask the local community questions. Real estate professionals use Trulia to connect with millions of transaction-ready buyers and sellers each month via our hyper local advertising services, social recommendations and top-rated mobile apps.
Trulia was founded in 2005 and is backed by Accel Partners and Sequoia Capital. We are a successful rapidly growing company, built on an employee-centric culture and are recognized as a Best Place to Work in both San Francisco and Denver.
Geospatial Software Engineer
This is an oportunity to apply your knowledge of GIS and Geo-Visualizations to help build out Trulia's innovative map experience. We are growing and looking for an experienced, versatile engineer to join our Geo team.
- Look for innovative uses of technology, ensuring a fast and well-coded experience for our millions of unique users
- Build and shape products that are interesting, challenging, and that have an immediate impact
- Work in a small team structure, innovating on new ways to demonstrate location specific trends across a multitude of datasets
- Join a team of talented, passionate people with a vision to help millions of consumers find their dream home
- 2-3 years of development experience with a GIS (using Python, C, PHP, or other)
- Experience coding Geo-Visualizations and scalability techniques for map related data
- Experience writing efficient SQL queries
- Working knowledge of source control and bug tracking tools
- Ability to break down and solve complex problems by creating practical, maintainable, extensible, and scalable solutions
- Exceptional collaborative skills & philosophy, self-motivation, and communication skills
- Bachelor's degree, or commensurate experience
Why should you work with us?
- Demonstrated ability to build large-scale, complex systems using mapping apis and data layers
- Experience working with TileStache, GeoDjango, PostGIS or another similar tech
- Demonstrated experience working with PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Understanding of web site performance concepts (client- and server-side)
- Experience with data import from 3rd party sources (OSM, shapefiles, census, point data, etc)
- Experience working with automated QA (unit testing, TDD, etc.)
- Trulia's engineers are passionate and smart. We have a lot of leeway on how we do our work, and take that responsibility seriously.
- We're not afraid to try things that may not work. One week each quarter is blocked off for â€œoff-roadmapâ€ projects; engineers can pretty much work on whatever they want during that time and show it off to the company when they are done.
- We like to get things done with fast, maintainable code.
- We know a lot of things about agile development practices, and use what we know to get our work get done more efficiently and effectively. Have an idea on how we can do something better? Speak up, and we'll try it out.
- We've got great benefits, stocked kitchens, a rooftop deck and a kegerator.
||San Francisco, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED