Global Compensation & Benefits Manager Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Global Compensation & Benefits Manager
Foster City, CA
Guidewire is a growing global company and in order to address the needs of our global workforce, we need a talented Manager in Global Compensation & Benefits who can direct our business stakeholders and support our HR team on global comp and benefits matters.
As the Global Compensation & Benefits Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that Guidewire's global compensation programs are aligned to attract, retain and motivate Guidewire's most precious asset, its people, and to help Guidewire achieve its business goals and vision. The role reports to the Vice President of Human Resources and is located in our Head Office in Foster City, CA.
What will I be doing ideally?
- Coordinate implementation and provide guidance to HRBP's on pay decisions, policy, and job evaluation, including the design of creative solutions for specific compensation-related programs.
- Develop a consistent structure for analyzing Compensation across all Guidewire's offices and provide global compensation analysis to attract, engage and retain the best talent in the industry.
- Manage the annual merit focal review.
- To play a key role in helping set up the compensation and benefit structure for Workday implementation project which is due to go live in November, 2013.
- Develop innovative, cost effective compensation tools and programs to drive business results.
- Develop Total Rewards mix to attract, retain, and motivate key talent.
- Help educate managers in adopting best practice compensation strategies
- Develop techniques for compiling, preparing, and presenting data for all global offices.
- Monitor federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations in all countries in order to ensure company compliance.
- Manage the administration of direct compensation (executive, exempt, and non-exempt cash compensation programs) for the organization, including the processing, recording, and reporting of compensation-related actions taken on employees.
- Analyze the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines, and procedures, and recommend new cost effective plans that are consistent with compensation trends and Guidewire's business objectives.
- Manage the participation in and conduct of global salary surveys to ensure Guidewire's compensation objectives are achieved.
- Responsible for the set up and ongoing maintenance of compensation data in the HRIS.
- Provides leadership with regards to benefits strategies, plan design and administration.
- Manages the Company's benefit plans with proper financial controls, accurate records, and compliant procedures.
- Directs benefits planning to address budget, benefits strategy, staff, contracts, projects, legal requirements, and processing and system improvements for a one to three year projection.
- Works closely with benefit brokers in vendor selections to meet the various needs of a benefits plan to include Medical, Dental, Life, LTD, Vision, 401K plan/other retirement funds and other types of plan provisions.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Company's Annual Open Enrollment process.
- Works closely with benefit broker in directing all vendor relations to include establishing, negotiating and executing contracts and service requirements. Monitors the delivery and administration of outsourced and third party vendor relationships/contracts.
- Manage the Company's 401(k) plan and oversee other global pension plans. This includes the annual audit of the plans as required.
- Directs and manages a corporate wellness program to support employees.
- Analyzes market trends, design concepts and benchmarks Guidewire programs to identify streamlining opportunities and cost/value improvements. Remains up-to-date on federal and state laws and regulations.
- Helps to manage the maintenance of the systems used to support the benefits operations, working closely with the HRIS Analyst.
- Help to establish, implement, and maintain policies and practices for assisting employees and their families as they relocate within the Guidewire global locations.
- Develop, implement and manage Guidewire's global policies and procedures associated with international assignments by providing recommendations and best practice policy and process improvements through regular benchmarking analysis.
- Work to minimize relocation costs and disruption of work for the employee and the organization.
- Work with Global Mobility to establish, approve and track relocation budgets and plans and the disbursement of funds.
- Work with VP Human Resources to provide periodic up-to-date scorecard reporting of company incurred global mobility costs and service effectiveness.
Our hiring is as methodical, rational and stringent â€¦so we're looking for someone who has:
- Ability to work in a creative and technologically driven environment.
- Strong aptitude for understanding business needs and creating programs to meets those business objectives.
- Strong analytic, quantitative, advance computer skills especially with MS Excel and excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- High level of persistence and strong results focus.
- Strong skills in using technology to improve the effectiveness of compensation management.
- Strong collaboration and project management skills.
- Must be a team player and partner with other HR team members to deliver quality service to clients.
- Strong desire to develop broader HR skills and learn new skills.
- Ability to develop sound business cases and enable change.
- Self-starter, with a â€˜can do' attitude.
- Experience working in a global business environment across multiple regions.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to demonstrate problem solving sensitivity.
- Experience with different HRIS (experience with Workday is an advantage), benefits administration, compensation programs, and other HR programs
- An understanding of business, economic and accounting principles and practices and analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, and comfortable dealing with people at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for compensation and benefit, negotiations, and personnel information systems.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- General knowledge of U.S. and other global employment laws and practices
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, human resources, or related field required.
- MBA preferred or Master's degree in a related field preferred.
- 6â€"8 years of progressive growth and responsibility in the compensation and benefits field.
- Experience with Microsoft Office; skilled in Excel (advance preferred), database management and record keeping and previous experience with automated compensation tools/HRIS.
- PHR/SPHR/CCP certification preferred.
What sets Guidewire's HR team apart?
At Guidewire, we prize clear, rational and collaborative communications plainly based on logic, total commitment to quality, and to making decisions based on factual evidence. In HR, we have a team at our headquarters in Foster City and a distributed group of individuals throughout the world. Since a portion of our team is dispersed throughout the world, your ability to communicate by written, oral and collaborative communications is required. Teamwork is an essential value at Guidewire. Your ability to get along and partner with your teammates is paramount to your success here.
What about Personal Attributes?
We live and operate by three basic principles. These are the same principles upon which Guidewire was founded and they remain at the heart of all we do today:
- We value integrity in everything that we do-- truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other.
- We are dedicated to rationality-- communicating through clear arguments, building excellent quality products, and making decisions carefully on the basis of factual evidence.
- We prize collegiality-- working together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy.
Who is Guidewire Software?
Our customers are insurance companies, and insurance software is surprisingly complex, difficult to get right, and actually a very robust market. Demand for our software is on the rise. Our newest offering, Guidewire Live, offers our customers an opportunity to share large problems with the greater Guidewire community and access shared Third Party applications. With an emphasis on high availability, highly secure, and practically follow the sun service level agreements, Guidewire has robust product offerings with more product offerings on the horizon.
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guide us in all that we do.
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems -- policy, claims, and billing -- to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in Foster City, California, US with offices in London, Dublin, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and operations in Poland and mainland China. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is also publicly traded on the NYSE EURO under the call sign GWRE.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services