Global Cost Accounting Manager Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: To provide the required accounting and analytical support to global manufacturing operations. To assist in capturing and reporting production performance and ensure the control and proper valuation of inventories.
1. Work with affiliate general managers and accounting representatives to develop standard operating procedures for branches and monitor compliance with those procedures. Also take into account appropriate internal control considerations in devising these policies and procedures.
2. Assist and support affiliate accounting representatives with monthly close and processing procedures.
3. Review monthly financial statements and related information of affiliates. Analyze for unusual items and variances. Follow up with affiliates as to discrepancies or issues.
4. Assist branches in development of labor and overhead rates to be used in product costing.
5. Analyze and report key financial and operational information/variances to management including price, labor and overhead absorption and on a monthly basis.
6. Provides management reporting and analysis of inventory statistics including dollars, days and reserves by component/product line/ location/franchise.
7. Assist branches with planning, coordinating annual physical inventory program.
8. Perform month end closing calculations related to gross profit in Inventory.
9. Perform and generate the obsolescence review of branch on-hand inventories.
10. Assists in the preparation of cost of sales and inventory planning for the annual forecasting process.
11. Provides financial analyses for product costs and special studies to assist management decisions.
12. Help establish inventory and cost accounting policies and ensure compliance of branch affiliates with those policies.
1. Perform or assist with the performance of internal audits of affiliates with a focus on internal controls.
2. Keeps abreast of current trends, practices, and developments in the profession. Makes recommendations for implementation.
3. Assumes other special activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
4. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. B.S. degree in accounting.
2. Minimum of 5 years of cost accounting management experience.
3. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
4. High level of computer and data query and modeling skills.
5. Ability to travel internationally (up to 25%).
1. CPA or CMA preferred.
2. Experience with an International multi-location environment with decentralized accounting and management.
3. Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
4. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
1. Ability to use telephone and computer equipment.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED