Global Demo Environment Infrastructure Architect and Administrator
USA, Remote Office US
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Infor Global Solutions
Infor delivers fully integrated enterprise solutions for a wide range of industries, as well as best-in-class, stand-alone products that address the essential challenges its customers face in areas such as enterprise resource planning, supply chain planning and execution, customer and supplier relationship management, asset management, product lifecycle management, financial and performance management, and business intelligence. With 8,100 employees and offices in over 100 countries, Infor provides enterprise solutions to more than 70,000 customers. For additional information, visit www.infor.com.
Position: Global Demo Environment Infrastructure
Architect and Administrator
Functional Area: Business Solutions Consulting
The position of Global Demo Environment (GDE) Architect and Administrator manages the infrastructure of the GDE environment. The role of GDE Architect and Administrator is technology focused, and is expected to oversee all architectural and technical activities, including overall GDE architectural design, infrastructure optimization and maintenance activities related to areas such as performance, stability and backups. In this role, the GDE Architect and Administrator is expected to provide comprehensive communication regarding GDE implementation and maintenance events, best practices for optimal usage of the GDE infrastructure, and any other communications required for successful rollout and usage of the GDE. This individual understands the nuance of working with an enterprise software presales organization. The GDE Architect and Administrator works with the GDE Manager and IT to plan and deploy infrastructure changes and coordinate these events with the user community. Additionally, this individual works with the DEMO ENVIRONMENT Architect and Administrator to facilitate the successful deployment of demo environments throughout the GDE environment. The role of GDE Architect and Administrator is evaluated primarily based on the successful deployment and usage of the GDE environment.
- Work with GDE Manager on strategic direction of overall GDE environment.
- Responsibility for overall GDE architecture design, implementation, and optimization
- Collaboration with worldwide teams to ensure architectural consistency.
- Work with GDE Manager to ensure that growth planning requirements are documented and tracked (e.g. new servers, additional memory and storage, etc).
- Evaluate architectural options and supplementary approaches (e.g. hosting, local images).
- Work with DEMO ENVIRONMENT Architect and Administrator to ensure GDE infrastructure is optimally deployed and configured to support solution demo environments.
- Provide inventory and asset tracking of GDE infrastructure components.
- Provide leadership for education of users, channel partners, administrators, and Infor at large regarding issues relevant to areas of expertise.
- Review research proposals, journal manuscripts, and publications related to areas of expertise.
- Participate in appropriate professional societies and educational organizations.
Infrastructure Optimization and Maintenance
- Continuous monitoring and optimization of overall GDE performance and stability.
- Ensure that key assets are backed up and a strategy is available for image owners to utilize.
- Manage upgrades and maintenance of core software (e.g. ESX, Lab Manager, Virtual Center).
- Coordinate hardware maintenance with IT (e.g. memory module replacement).
- Coordinate with IT for planned outages.
- Work with GDE administrators to coordinate infrastructure maintenance, upgrades, and enhancements with user teams.
- Monitoring and reporting of the health and status of the GDE.
- Communication â€" Solid communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Team work â€" Experience driving and managing collaboration between multiple teams worldwide.
- Technology â€" A solid understanding of technology utilized within the GDE.
- Problem solving â€" Keen sense to diagnose a situation and rapidly develop solutions.
- Self Management â€" Ability to dynamically prioritize and manage tasks and objectives.
- Planning and Organizing â€" Experience planning and managing multiple simultaneous projects.
- Documentation â€" Writing and communication skills required for developing documentation.
- Initiative â€" Drive to identify and execute areas of improvement.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Data center infrastructure management â€" Implementation, configuration, capacity planning and management of physical servers hosting VMWare and other environments.
- VMWare v4 (Lab Manager, Virtual Center, ESX, etc). Experience with Microsoft Hyper-V a plus (but not a substitute).
- Storage Area Network (SAN), especially as utilized in a virtual infrastructure.
- Networking technologies and configuration (firewall, VPN, DNS, etc) with a solid understanding of networking in virtualized environment.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, high availability, etc.
- Automation â€" skills with utilizing scripting or other technologies to automate tasks for scalability.
- IT process background a plus (e.g. ITIL).
- Strong skills and experiences in system and application performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Experience as an administrator for a SaaS/Cloud/Hosted environment preferred.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role.
Infor is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Infor, please call (678) 319-8000 or email us at ADAAA@infor.com.
Send to Friend