Global Logistics Specialist Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide support as needed to Global Logistics operations. Identify opportunities for improving efficiencies and effectiveness of Promega?s global logistics operations to include trade and regulatory compliance. Determine solutions that will drive process improvements, and assist with implementation. Participate in development of tools and system enhancements to support logistics operations worldwide.
1. Project Management - Manage/assist cross-functional project teams to implement strategic or tactical initiatives. Create project charters, work plans, and schedules. Lead/guide teams to complete project objectives in a timely and efficient manner.
2. Assist in Managing the continued development and implementation of a global trade compliance program. Maintain an active role in assisting the Promega Corp global branches to achieve trade compliance.
3. Assist in ensuring that the company?s products are GHS compliant and partner with internal and external subject matter experts in order to achieve global compliance.
4. Conduct tariff classifications for chemicals, equipment, and other items shipped internationally.
5. Assist with product evaluation for compliance with relevant trade laws and controls.
6. Regulatory Inquiries - Respond to regulatory inquiries by internal customers, related to trade compliance; partner with EHS and Regulatory staff for resolution, if needed.
7. Network Planning - Work with Senior Management to assess distribution network and propose short and long term network designs.
8. Helix Logistics - Manage global logistics interaction with the Helix program. Ensure that global logistics processes are in place to support Helix. Manage projects where logistics is involved in Helix initiatives.
9. Communication - Maintain effective communication within the logistics departments and global branch logistics staff. Act as an intermediary between branch logistics and Madison departments. Work with planners to ensure communication is appropriate and sufficient for proper inventory planning.
10. Global Processes - Review global logistics operations to assess and recommend process improvements and solutions. Manage the creation and implementation of global processes utilizing best in class processes wherever appropriate.
11. Cost Savings - Identify cost saving/containments within the Global Promega supply chain.
12. Branch Specific Requirements - Work directly with the branch logistics staff to determine branch specific business requirements, assist with process development, and provide support during and after implementation, including training.
13. ERP - Support branch logistics staff in the utilization and development of processes within the ERP systems. Provide training where needed and utilize knowledge of branch requirements to assist IT in ensuring that the branch business needs are met.
14. Process Improvements - Carry out improvements to branch processes through the introduction of new equipment and software tools designed to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of global logistics practices.
15. General Planning - Participate in global warehouse and operations planning.
16. New Branches - Develop warehouse design and processes for a new branch introduction.
17. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Keep abreast of state of the art developments in Logistics.
2. Remain current with regulatory changes concerning Trade Compliance.
3. Proactively address changes in GHS regulations for all countries serviced by Promega Corp.
1. Bachelor?s degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Chemistry, Biology, Business, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
2. Minimum 7 years of related professional experience in Operations, preferably in International Logistics.
3. Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability in leading project teams to meet business objectives and timelines.
4. Knowledge and experience working with the Tariff Schedule, International Incoterms, Import / Export compliance programs and Free Trade Agreements.
5. Prior experience/working knowledge of Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals to include IATA and familiarity of DOT rules and regulations.
6. Practical experience with international shipping documentation and requirements.
7. Ability to work in multi-cultural environment and adapt to various cultures.
8. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as familiarity with working in a windows-based environment as well as aptitude to adapt to new software.
1. Certification in a global supply chain or logistics program such as Global Logistics Specialist.
2. Ability to research Government regulations and stay current on requirements.
3. Previous experience in statistical analysis.
4. Demonstrated proficiency with SAP WM or SAP DP.
5. Fluency in a second language.
1. Ability to work effectively with telephone, computer equipment, and hardware/software design tools.
2. Ability to travel globally up to 40% of the time.
3. Ability to observe and inspect equipment and operations for proper operation and compliance to safety and housekeeping standards.
4. Ability to work around automated equipment.
5. Ability to move objects averaging 10 pounds, but up to 40 pounds daily.
6. Physical ability to move easily and constantly during the day including reaching and bending.
Promega Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED