Global Service Desk Manager Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Splunk is seeking an innovative Global Service Desk Manager. We are looking for the best tools and approaches to support our end users in our rapidly growing company. This role will need to cover the normal incident and SLA management, following best practices, and tracking key metrics, but we want to ensure an innovative approach in all aspects. Splunk is mostly a Mac shop, but also includes Windows laptops, some Linux desktops, and mobile devices. This is a great opportunity to join us and take our Service Desk support to best in class!
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Ensure the Service Desk is providing excellent end user support
- Keep the team focused, productive, and motivated
- Refine SLA's and ensure adherence
- Determine best KPI's and develop reports to track metrics
- Stay on top of newest trends, tools, approaches and ensure Splunk adopts these at the appropriate time
- Provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities
- Define and implement Service Desk related policies, procedures, and best practices
- Set employee objectives, monitor and evaluate performance, and provide feedback and mentoring
Education: Got it!
- 3+ years as a Manager of Service / Help desk
- 7+ years in the IT industry
- Well versed in supporting Mac/Windows/Linux environments
- Experience with supporting users on a worldwide basis
- Experience with SOX compliancy a big plus
- Fantastic customer service attitude
- Working knowledge of ITIL fundamentals
- ServiceNow experience a big plus
- Experience with using outsourced Level-1 support a big plus
- Ability to work effectively with staff, peers, and others in and outside the organization to accomplish goals, objectives and to identify and resolve problems
- Bachelor Degree or comparable work experience
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED