GM, Registrar Services Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
GM, Registrar Services
Other | Kirkland, WA, United States
We are looking for an experienced business professional, who can thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented, and project-driven environment. This is an opportunity to play a pivotal role on our Domain Services team as the GM of our Registrar division and is based in Kirkland, WA. We are a leading end to end domain name services provider, operating a platform that makes it easy for consumers and businesses to buy and sell domains.
This is an opportunity to join a passionate and motivated team that is in the process of two transformational changes:
We have lots to do, and we need someone who will embrace the challenge, take ownership and is driven to deliver results.
- In February 2013, Demand Media announced that that it was exploring the separation of its existing business into two independent, publicly-traded companies, which will result in the Domain Services business being a standalone public company.
- More than 1,000 new gTLDs are expected to launch as part of ICANN's new gTLD program and we will be a leader in driving this transformation in the domain industry in the years to come.
- Lead and manage day to day operations of our Registrar division, including our retail registrar, reseller registrar and aftermarket businesses
- Accountable for directing the operations of all business units to achieve strategic and operational business goals and targeted financial and content quality results.
- Develop and execute a business plan that is aligned with our overall Domain Services strategy, such planning and execution to include:
- Prioritization of products and services that we offer to our customers
- Identifying operational targets and success metrics for the Registrar division
- Profit and loss responsibility for the Registrar division, including the development of annual and quarterly budgets and objectives
- Direct executives accountable for customer support, sales, marketing & BD, product development and engineering and work with executives managing centralized resources, such as finance, legal and administration
- Manage a team of 5-10 direct reports and over 100 indirect reports across customer support, sales & marketing, product development and software engineering
- Will have profit and loss responsibility for all business units
- Responsible for the organization's strategic framework, develops and approves short- and long-range product and service strategies and plans.
- Sets financial, operational and quality objectives for the group and develops master operational plans
- Oversees the execution of operating plans
- Directs executives accountable for content and product development, engineering, editorial and ecommerce and relies on some key centralized resources such as sales, marketing, finance and administration.
- Interacts with top management to adjust business unit's strategies.
- Works with critical decisions makers to convince and influence business decisions.
- Builds and enhances vital, top level internal and external relationships
- BS/BA, MBA preferred in Business and/or Finance related field
- Typically has 10 â€" 15 years of experience with 5 â€" 7 years of management experience
- Proven track record of performance and success in high technology
- A proven track record of growing revenues
- Previous responsibility managing P&L, financial modeling and forecasting
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Sales & Business Development experience a plus
- Experience in the domain industry a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Kirkland, WA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED