Guidewire Configuration Consultants-North America Guidewire Software
DescriptionWe need a few GREAT Consultants in North America!
Even the best software requires a great implementation team for project success. Our Professional Services team has built Guidewire's unmatched level of customer success through a lean, collaborative approach to core system implementation.
Listening to customers who told us that they could not afford the disruption and costs of runaway projects, we sought to innovate in implementation to the same degree that we had in software development. Today, several key characteristics distinguish a Guidewire project:
- Small team of veteran consultants with overlapping skills, insurance experience, and Guidewire product expertise
- Rigorously quantitative work planning based on fact-base of successful implementations
- Project execution organized into month-long 'sprints' to maintain urgency and accountability
- Complete knowledge transfer to customers
As representatives of a product-oriented company, Guidewire consultant teams are completely aligned with customer goals: project success, on time and on budget. Combined with the great configurability of our solutions, this has allowed Guidewire to achieve closer alignment with customer requirements at consistently lower Total Cost of Ownership.
The Guidewire team is very proud of the reputation we have earned in the industry. We take great pride in the products we build and the manner in which we operate as a company and on an individual level.
- We live and operate by three basic principles. These are the same principles upon which Guidewire was founded and they remain at the heart of all we do today:
- We value integrity in everything that we do: truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other.
- We are dedicated to rationality: communicating through clear arguments, building excellent quality products, and making decisions carefully on the basis of factual evidence.
- We prize collegiality: working together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy.
Guidewire is growing our professional services team based on strong client demand. We have an immediate need for a Guidewire Consultant with hands-on XML skills who can work on-site implementing our product for Property and Casualty Insurance Carriers. The ideal Guidewire Consultant has expertise in XML configuration in a multi-tier web application environment and experience with Scrum or other Agile PM methodologies.
Guidewire Consultants are expected to spend the majority of their time on site with the client's business and technical teams. Guidewire employs a flexible travel model that requires consultants to be on site four days per week and away from home three nights per week. Consultants work the fifth day from their home office. These roles represent Guidewire Software to our customer. The position requires a unique blend of technical expertise, design skills, programming skills, and customer-facing skills.
- Learn and master your assigned Guidewire product in order to become a configuration resource and achieve Guidewire certification
- Use Gosu, Guidewire's open source language, to configure the Guidewire products to solve customer business challenges as a configuration and implementation resource
- Consult with insurance carrier business and technical resources to produce business requirements and functional design documents as a functional resource
- Partner with client business teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements using both business and technical skills
- Estimate the effort required to configure the software
- Work with Guidewire product management/development to share configuration concepts and further develop our core product features
- Plan integration testing and user acceptance testing of customer solutions.
- Participate in a Scrum based product implementation of our product on-site at insurance carriers throughout North America
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Experience with full cycle enterprise ERP software/package implementations, 5+ years post-graduate experience
- Hands-On Scripting/Programming Capability. Examples include rules engines, proprietary scripting languages, or general programming.
- Technical Creativity - Ability to propose technical solutions to business problems
- Hands-On Configuration Capability (Screen/UI, application settings or parameters, etc) â€" highly preferred
Functional & Interpersonal Domain Expertise:
- Capability to communicate clearly and efficiently
- Consulting & Leadership Skills - Ability to adapt to various work settings and serve in an advisory/leadership role
- Ability to handle project management tasks (Scope Control, Budgeting, Estimating, and Resource Management)
- Willingness and ability to travel 80%
Customer Focus/Team Work
- Ability to work with a variety of customers from different departments in large and small groups
- Dedication to delivering exceptional results
- Strong personal initiative and ability to personally execute with minimal oversight
- Cross functional skills and experience working on small teams
Guidewire has been chosen by more than 95 general insurance carriers of all size and lines of business as a trusted software vendor. We believe it is due to our modern architecture as the first comprehensive, integrated platform for insurance operations built on state-of-the-art technology. There is also our product quality; each of our products goes through 26,000 unit tests each time an engineer makes a change. We look for bugs so our customers don't have to.
Guidewire has been the leader in claims systems in North America since 2003, with more selections than any competitor among carriers of any size. Guidewire's team includes executive and professionals with deep experience in both insurance and technology at companies including The Hartford, AIG, GEICO, McKinsey, Oracle, Seibel, Motorola, Ariba and d Kana. Guidewire was founded to meet the needs of the P&C insurance industry. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, California, with offices in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto, in addition to a geographically dispersed team of sales and services staff. Guidewire is publicly traded on NYSE under symbol: GWRE
||United States, PA |
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services