GW-Dev Associate Application Developer Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Are you interested in applying your object-oriented analysis and design skills to build the next-generation business applications? If so, then we welcome you to take a closer look at Workday, Inc. Workdayâs goal is to build the next generation of enterprise applications to address a fundamental paradigm shift in how enterprise applications serve the extended enterprise. We're taking a revolutionary approach to technology that includes open source, object-oriented techniques, XML, and web services. This next generation approach will result in applications that are highly adaptable, easy to use, and less expensive to deploy and manage. Our focus is to tackle the traditional Enterprise Resource Planning, ERP, markets, in a non-traditional way.
As an Associate Application Developer at Workday, you will participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle. During the analysis phase, you will work with functional experts to review and refine requirements for the product. During the design phase, you will take functional input and create a technical design that best implements these requirements. This will include creating a model of business objects and their relationships, which represents the functional domain as specified in the functional analysis. You will use UML modeling tools to create class diagrams, and all use cases will be validated against this class model. During the implementation phase, you will create all technical artifacts required to realize the system functionality. Finally, you will be responsible for the quality of the delivered product during the testing phase. This includes the creation of test cases for all business processes, the execution of test scripts, and the resolution of any problems identified by the test scripts.
Our technology is a pure object-oriented system. This means you will implement classes with attributes, relationships, and methods. The system does not use any traditional programming languages; it's based exclusively on metadata. Accordingly, all implementation is completed on an abstract level of definitions for classes, attributes, relationships, and methods.
As an Associate Application Developer at Workday, you contribute to application development and use metadata.Â In Application Development, you have the opportunity to join a talented group of developers and contribute greatly to one of the following groups:
- Â In Payroll, you will be developing the next generation Payroll product.Â Workday Payroll is a configurable Payroll solution that's designed to accommodate global payroll requirements and the requirements of individual companies.Â You will also have the opportunity to develop the new Time Tracking product from the ground up, our newest offering that is tightly integrated with our Payroll product.Â Â You will have the opportunity to leverage the power of XML based applications using Web 2.0 technologies.Â
- In Human Capital Management, HCM, you be developing new Staffing, Compensation, Benefits, Absence Management, and Performance Management features.Â You will be utilizing the latest development methodologies and Web 2.0 technologies to continue to evolve this award winning HR product.
- In Financials you will join be developing the next generation Financials product.Â This will include the opportunity to develop applications focusing on todayâs business problems utilizing todayâs technologies. You will have the opportunity to leverage the power of XML based applications, a robust business process framework using Web 2.0 technologies.
- Work with state-of-the-art definitional OO development tools to build the next-generation of web-based business applications.
- Participate in the functional analysis phase to review functional requirements.
- Create a product design including object model, use cases, etc.
- Implement the design in a purely definitional, object-oriented toolset.
- Participate in all testing and quality assurance processes.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or related field.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design principles.
- Working knowledge of UML.
- Understanding of iterative development methodologies.
||Pleasanton, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services