Do you like tearing things apart and putting them back together? Have you heard about virtualization and cloud computing and wondered what all the buzz is about? Do you want to understand what a "cloud operating system" is?
The cloud engineering team is building hybrid cloud computing technologies that will underpin application and platform initiatives at Workday. As a member of this team you'll work with innovative, experienced engineers that have build highly available systems and services across the entire stack. This position requires passion, courage, imagination, and a great sense of humor. You'll be tasked with shaping the future of computing at Workday.
- Passionate about agile software development and modeling
- Passionate about understanding how software, and the systems it runs on, work.
-Â Strengths in coding, data structures, and algorithms
- Awesome in at least one programming language, with exposure to dyanmic languages, like Python
- Is comfortable in all aspects of software development life cycle - from coding to testing to deploying
- Passionate about communicating clearly and succinctly
- Able to thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environmentÂ that is agile (i.e. Scrum
- Knows how to deliver value incrementally and frequently
- Hands-on experience with an open-source IaaS or PaaS technology like OpenStack or CloudFoundry.
- You've taken a class on distributed systems
- You know the difference between yum and apt-get
|Location:||Pleasanton, CA |
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588