GW - Dev Associate Developer GW Beta Intern Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED As an Associate Developer GW Beta Intern, you will join a talented team of software engineers committed to delivering the highest quality of on-demand enterprise business solutions. Workday is looking for talented and enthusiastic individuals who aspire to a career in software development. This is a unique opportunity for college students to accelerate their career at a fast-paced, dynamic, high-growth SaaS company.
Top individuals will be given an opportunity to advance into a full-time opportunity on one of several core teams at Workday, including Application Development, Tools, Mobile, UI, Test Engineering, Build Engineering or Quality Assurance.
What Youâll Do
- Participate in a complete software development lifecycle from inception through release.
- Work with a team of your peers to gather requirements, design a solution and implement it using modern day software development best practices.
- Develop your solution employing agile development methodology using test and behavior driven development processes.
- Work closely with the customer to gather requirements and refine your solution.
- Hone your object oriented design and development skills, learn about and how to use design patterns, refactoring to create elegant, extensible and maintainable software.
Skills Youâll Need
Also Helpful but not Required:
- Good understanding of objected oriented design analysis and design principles.
- A solid grounding in one or more object oriented languages - Java, C++, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.
- Familiarity with web application technologies and architecture.
- Must be a collaborative team player with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for problem solving and delivering elegant solutions.
- Knowledge of agile and test driven development processes.
- Familiarity with current web service standards (REST, SOAP, BEPL, WSDL)
- Experience with authentication and authorization patterns and implementation.
- Linux administration experience.
- Relational database design and management experience.
- Previous experience building web applications.
- Working towards a BS degree or 4-year computer related field or technical degree with demonstrated experience building and deploying software applications.
- Ability to commute to the Pleasanton office at least 2 days a week.
- Must be able to manage a student course load while also working 15 to 20 hours a week.
||Pleasanton, CA |
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services