GW-Dev Associate Linux Administrator Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Workday is looking for a number of Linux Administrators and Engineers to join our Technical Operations team. In this role, your daily work will have a direct impact on our customers and our business.
Youâll have wide responsibility for across the design, implementation, and maintenance of Workdayâs entire global production and development systems, touching all aspects of the operating systems and associated services across our 9 Global Data Centers.
The ideal candidate will have a solid âhands-onâ background in managing Linux systems with experience in tools to automate systems deployment and management tasks.
- Work as a member of a global team managing large 24 x 7 cloud platforms.
- Performance monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting of Linux/Unix servers
- Building tools to automate server provisioning, management and scaling
- Work closely with development teams, architects and application teams to deliver multiple projects
- BS or MS Degree in a technology related field
- Practical experiance (education, lab, small business), building and managing large scale Linux/Unix-based systems
- Strong knowledge of all layers of the TCP/IP stack and common Internet services/protocols such as SMTP, DNS, LDAP, NTP, HTTP.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following: shell scripting, Perl, Java, Python or Ruby highly desirable
- Experience in automating large-scale deployments with modern software configuration management tools (Chef) is desirable.
- Able to thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment
- Good verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organizations
||Pleasanton, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services