Hardware Design Engineer SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Hardware Design Engineer
Avionics - Hardware Development | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
Required Skills and Experience
- Provide engineering expertise in the area of design, development and test space hardened avionics hardware that will support the functions of our launch vehicles and spacecraft
- Duties include subsystem design and prototyping, schematic capture, prototype bring-up and debugging, hardware bug tracking, functional verification and signal characterization. In addition, support through production and test is expected.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent area of focus; Solid electrical engineering, digital and analog circuit fundamentals and lab skills are a must.
- More than 3 years of board level experience designing hardware from concept through production; strong emphasis on full lifecycle development of new hardware systems -- not small incremental updates to legacy hardware.
- Candidates must have recent experience in fast-paced commercial based projects (non-aerospace); CPU-based circuit cards, consumer electronics, wireless devices, and/or low power platforms.
- Expert knowledge of analog, digital or mixed-signal design principles including designs using operational amplifiers, filters, and transistors
- Strong knowledge of and experience in analog to digital and digital to analog converters, power supply components and design, analog testing/troubleshooting techniques, and signal integrity, layout and grounding principles
- Strong understanding of computers and programming languages (C/C++, Matlab, Assembly language)
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Masters of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent area of focus
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED