Hardware (RR-4347) symphony services
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Education NA
Mandatory Skills Motherboard
Optional Skills NA
Domain Skills NA
1 to 3 years
Operates and monitors computer systems and related equipment including; mainframes, mini computers,
microcomputers, personal computers, printers and other peripheral devices; controls the performance of
multiprocessing systems in a large networked, data communications and telecommunications environment.
2 Supervises Computer Operators when the Supervisor of Operations is away.
3. Creates, monitors and maintains operations documentation, material and supply inventories, and tape libraries.
4. Capable of planning, organizing and coordinating daily schedules for all computerized batch processing and job control set up.
5. Verifies and distributes with accuracy and completeness, all computer reports and output requested by users and the Data Center staff.
6. Responsible for the error logging, customer engineering or internal staff notification of all system hardware,
software and application system problems.
7. Establishes and maintains accurate data records and filing systems to be used in the production and updating
of relevant operational records and reports.
8.Maintains computer systems and peripheral devices at scheduled times or as necessary; monitors the
computer room for the proper security and environmental temperature, humidity, and power controls.
9. Provides for a smooth shift change by adequately transitioning all activities to the next shift operator and
securing other areas of the facility when appropriate.
10. Utilizes personal computing hardware and software, word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications
to perform basic duties including documentation, reporting, scheduling and user support.
11. May be required to perform operations during critical demand periods, emergency situations, or scheduled vacations.
12. Creates or modifies job streams to improve computer operations.
13. Ability to organize and prioritize jobs to be processed.
14. Provides guidance to other operations staff.
15. Works cooperatively with various areas of Information Technology, for example: applications, systems,
helpdesk, and other areas.
16. Operates software diagnostic tools.
17. Observes machines operations and makes adjustments as necessary.
18. Responsible for maintaining consistent, punctual, and regular attendance.
19. Performs other related duties as required.
20) Supervise and train peripheral equipment operators and computer operator trainees.
21) Help programmers and systems analysts test and debug new programs
||Plano, TX |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED