Helpdesk/ Corporate System Administrator Trulia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Is technology your passion, or just a pastime? Are you able to balance customer service with scalable and sustainable planning? If you don't know something, are you eager to learn it and put it to use? If so, we are looking for you!
Trulia is the leading real estate and community site in the US. Our IT team supports over 400 employees in various locations around the country, with a mix of Windows XP, Windows 7, and Mac OS X, desktops and portables. Being on the cutting edge of the real estate experience for nearly five years, our staff also tends to follow the cutting edge of mobile technology, so being agile on telephony and smart phone platforms will be an added plus. And since we believe in work-life balance and even vacations, reliable documentation and communication are essential to success at Trulia. This will be a hybrid Helpdesk/ System Administration role with the following responsibilities:
- Fielding all helpdesk requests in the New York office.
- New user set up, trouble shooting of user systems, trouble shooting of office infrastructure such as printers, fax machines etc.
- Configuring and monitoring the corporate infrastructure across the enterprise (includes but is not limited to, all corporate servers in New York, San Francisco, Denver and the disaster recovery site.)
- Improve server infrastructure across the enterprise for redundancy.
- Training and tutelage of the IT leads in Denver and San Francisco.
- Provide day-to-day configuration, monitoring and support for our corporate environment across multiple offices.
- Troubleshoot and resolve systems, application, and hardware issues.
- Maintain and improve system and process quality through effective documentation and communication.
- Respond quickly to outages as reported via email, telephone, text.
- Managing for sustainability, not just survivability. You think about how to make a process or a procedure work smoothly, rather than living on one-off efforts.
- 1 â€" 3+ years of real-time internal end-user support
- Advanced in use/administration of Windows XP/Vista /7, Microsoft Office 2003/2007
- Experience with Windows system deployment and maintenance
- Working knowledge of Mac OS X
- Basic understanding of networking, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP
- Basic Windows server experience (Active Directory, user permissions, file shares)
- Functional knowledge of Outlook/Exchange
- Mobile platform awareness/experience, in some or all of BlackBerry, iPhone, Android
- Functional knowledge of business phone systems (especially ShoreTel or similar) is desired, but can be learned on the job
- Strong spoken and written communication skills are essential
- Strong troubleshooting skills (desk-side and remote)
- Ability to prioritize tasks, report on projects and issues, set and follow through with reasonable expectations for customer service and response time
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds of equipment safely
- High energy, customer focused approach is a must
- 2-4 years experience of hands on system administration in a windows server, and linux environment
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2: DNS, DHCP, Print Services, WSUS, Server backup.
- Experience administering Active Directory
- Experience in the Linux command line: Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS.
- Experience with Mac OS X Server and Open Directory
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED