Helpdesk Manager Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Guidewire Software is looking for a Helpdesk Manager to lead the deployment of global support processes and systems. Success in this position means implementing better service processes, defining and meeting SLAs and driving continuous improvements. Besides a keen understanding of the technical aspects, this candidate must have excellent communications skills, strong rapport with senior management and a natural aptitude for service.
- Very experienced people manager (4-8 years) running a medium sized Helpdesk team with international distribution and an 1000+ person company.
- Develops and maintains relevant policies and procedures for efficient handling of IT requests and disseminating that information to the user community.
- Implements operational metrics to identify trends, and provide proactive solutions to improve service levels..
- Provides feedback to identify training needs and skills gaps within team and works to increase individual performance.
- Provides IT management with regular reporting and updates on quality issues.
- Capable of running enterprise wide projects for Helpdesk related tasks such as wide scale operating system upgrades, migration from a previous version of office to a new version or the swapping of one virus / malware program to another.
- Must understand how to optimize Helpdesk procedures and process while proactively analyzing Helpdesk statistics for continuous improvement.
- Must possess strong technical and problem solving skills, and be able to act as an escalation point for Helpdesk technicians
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings with IT helpdesk representatives to insure consistency in delivering timely services to the company and knowledge transfer within the team.
- Extremely logical
- 24 x 7 availability during once a month week long on-call shift
- Proficient in IT Service Management process, and ITIL.
- Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 (Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 a plus)
- Experience with a software change control management tool. (Like SCCM)
- Mobile Devices: iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows Mobile
- Familiar with Sharepoint 2010
- Management of Microsoft Enterprise Agreement
Nice to have:
- Linux Experience
- Mac OS
- Exchange 2010
- Right Now
- WebEx / WebEx Connect
- Excellent understanding of networking
- Scripting/Automation Experience
- Experience working for an enterprise software company
- Experience working with server vendors on specifications and ordering
- Virtualization Experience (VMWare, Citrix, Hyper-V)
- A BA/BS in Computer Science/Engineering/MIS, or equivalent real world experience
- 8+ yrs. progressive experience in related positions.
Guidewire makes mission critical systems for multi-billion dollar insurance companies. To ensure our products are reliable, we strongly value test-driven development. We constantly brainstorm how to improve our coding and testing processes. Our software is great, the coffee is okay, and the buildings are decent enough. What's special, though, is that we're a team passionately focused on customer success and our long term goals. Talk to people here and you'll immediately sense their enthusiasm. We're proud of what we build and how we work together.
At the heart of Guidewire culture are three values:
- Collegiality. We work together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy. We strive for good processes and realistic assumptions to keep workload sustainable. We trust people to manage their own time. We seek input without regard for title. We encourage contrary opinions. We value work/life balance.
- Integrity. We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything we do.
- Rationality. We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We constantly improve processes.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services