HR Business Partner (HRBP) â Product Management/Product Marketing & Strategy
Location: Pleasanton, CA (Workday Corporate Headquarters)
Workday's mission is to build the next generation of enterprise business services-Human Capital Management, Financial Management and Payroll-and deliver those solutions in a Software as a Service (SaaS) model. Our efforts to date have earned us hundreds of global customers and industry accolades, including recognition by Forrester Research as a technology leader in Human Resources Management. This success has led to high employee growth company-wide, across all functions.
The Product Management function is key to ensuring Workday's growth - both in the US and internationally â Through partnership with our customers & industry experts, they establish product enhancements and capabilities to enable product competitiveness and growth. As the company grows, we want to ensure we're attracting, retaining, developing and maximizing the contributions of this workforce, balancing the current and future needs of the company with the interests of our employees.
This role will support business-savvy executives and their management teams, and focuses on aligning people strategies/programs to current and future business needs in areas such as talent and performance management, organization design/expansion, leadership/high potential development, recruiting, retention/morale programs, etc. During this stage of the company's headcount growth, this role may encompass more direct employee support and employee relations than is ultimately the design for the position. This position will also be called up to provide input into and help develop a variety of company-wide programs as Workday builds out its global HR practices.
Specific near-term projects could include partnering with Recruiting to develop a workforce plan, sourcing model and predictors of success; developing competency models for the Product Management Function; creating & implementing retention strategies specific to the function; defining an HR process for opening new countries; creating a new manager assimilation process; and defining functional-specific onboarding experiences.
Role Requirements and Preferences
- 10+ years in HR
- 2+ years supporting one or more Development and/or Product Management executives (at the top 2 levels of 2+ an organization)
- Excellent oral/written communication and listening skills; presentation skills Strong service orientation but the ability to say "no", "not now", "here's an alternative"
- Ability to quickly build relationships and credibility with Technical Leaders.
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas: leadership coaching and development, talent/performance management, high potential identification and development, and development of recognition/engagement programs
- Provide leadership and guidance to implement core HR policies, programs and practices necessary to drive business objectives
- Ability to partner with and coach senior level executives to increase their performance and ensure that strong leadership and coaching is infused throughout their organization
- Work in partnership with our Learning and Development team to plan and facilitate effective organizational design and development that enables business results
- Deliver a high level of service by providing appropriate influence, guidance and assistance to address a variety of employee related issues
- Serious but fun approach to your work
- Executive presence
- Ability to influence, especially at the executive level, and via remote relationships
- Irreproachable integrity
- Strategic mindset but ability and willingness to be hands-on
- Strong work ethic; bias toward action, implementation and speed Practical approach to HR
- knowing when to go big versus light; direct versus indirect
- (prefer) Experience with establishing HR Infrastructure (implementation of Performance Management, Compensation programs, etc.)
- (prefer) Experience working with a global employee base
- (prefer) Experience recruiting and selecting Developmentand/or Product Management leaders
- (prefer) Experience working with SAAS providers and/or software development industry exposure