HR Business Partner-Sales and Marketing Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Workday's mission is to build the next generation of enterprise business servicesâHuman Capital Management, Financial Management and Payrollâand deliver those solutions in a Software as a Service (SaaS) model. Our efforts to date have earned us hundreds of global customers and industry accolades, including recognition by Forrester Research as a technology leader in Human Resources Management. This success has lead to high employee growth company-wide, across all functions.
The Sales and Marketing functions are the engines for Workdayâs growth â both in the US and internationally â and are, thus, critical elements of our success. As the company grows, we want to ensure weâre attracting, retaining, developing and maximizing the contributions of this workforce, balancing the current and future needs of the company with the interests of our employees.
This role will support business-savvy executives and their management teams, and focuses on aligning people strategies/programs to current and future business needs in areas such as talent and performance management, organization design/expansion, leadership/high potential development, recruiting, retention/morale programs, etc. During this stage of the companyâs headcount growth, this role may encompass more direct employee support and employee relations than is ultimately the design for the position. This position will also be called up to provide input into and help develop a variety of company-wide programs as Workday builds out its global HR practices.
Specific near-term projects could include partnering with Recruiting to develop a workforce plan, sourcing model and predictors of Sales success; developing career leaders for the Sales and Marketing functions; developing performance evaluation tools unique to Sales; creating Sales and Marketing-specific development strategies; defining an HR process for opening new countries and defining functional-specific onboarding experiences.
Role Requirements and Preferences
- 10+ years in HR
- 2+ years supporting one or more Sales executives (at the top 2 levels of an organization)
- Excellent oral/written communication and listening skills; presentation skills
- Strong service orientation but the ability to say ânoâ, ânot nowâ, âhereâs an alternativeâ
- Ability to quickly build relationships and credibility, even in remote situations
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas: leadership coaching and development, talent/performance management, high potential identification and development, and development of recognition/engagement programs
- Serious but fun approach to your work
- Executive presence
- Ability to influence, especially at the executive level, and via remote relationships
- Irreproachable integrity
- Strategic mindset but ability and willingness to be hands-on
- Strong work ethic; bias toward action, implementation and speed
- Practical approach to HR â knowing when to go big versus light; direct versus indirect
- (prefer) Experience with the HR elements of opening up operations in new countries
- (prefer) Experience working with a global employee base
- (prefer) Experience recruiting and selecting senior sales and marketing leaders
- (prefer) Experience with Sales Compensation plan design
- Must be able to travel up to 25%, potentially including international travel
||Pleasanton, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services