HuffPost Weddings Intern HuffingtonPost.com
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED The Huffington Post has an opening for an editorial intern for the Weddings vertical based in Los Angeles. We are looking for an energetic, detail-oriented, efficient, and web savvy intern to join our team. This is great opportunity to learn all the ins and outs of new media and get first-hand exposure to how The Huffington Post works. The position would mostly revolve around content creation, and the intern would have an opportunity to pitch article ideas.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Researching, writing and copy editing original content
- Pitching and writing original story ideas
- Suggesting stories for aggregation
- Other general assignments working closely with HuffPost Wedding editors and reporters
Requirements for Success
- Previous journalism experience is required- you must be able to write quickly, accurately, and well, all while having meticulous attention to detail and deadlines.
- Creativity is key- you must think outside the box!
- Internet junkies are welcome- the more you love devouring online content, the better! We are looking for the type of candidate who can spot viral content- before it goes viral!
- Dedication to detail is key
- Demonstrated interest in issues of weddings and marriage is a must
- Experience using a CMS is required (ex.- WordPress, Drupal, MoveableType, etc.)
- Working knowledge of social media outlets is required, including: twitter, tumblr, facebook, pinterest etc.
- Basic HTML experience preferred
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 36.9 million monthly unique visitors (comScore April, 2012) posting over 6.5 million comments each month. The site has over 30,000 bloggers -- from politicians,students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, Spain, and Italy.
||New York, NY |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED