Human Resources Attorney Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Workday is the leader in enterprise-class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses. Our solutions combine the lower cost of ownership of SaaS with a modern approach to applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers Human Capital Management, Payroll, Financial Management and Worker Spend Management solutions for midsize and Fortune 500 companies.
We are seeking a Human Resources Attorney
to join our rapidly growing team.Â We seek a confident self-starter who can prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities and who enjoys working in a fast-paced and high-energy environment.Â We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and the unique opportunity to join a dynamic company working with great people and state of the art capabilities required toÂ to become the global leader in enterprise-class software-as-a-service.Responsibilities:
Responsible for counseling Workday globally on employment matters, including employee relations, employee recruiting and retentions, separations, Work councils and benefit matters. Â Retains and consults with outside counsel as necessary to assure seamless representation, in order to:
- Recommend and help to implement appropriate actions.
- Monitor related legal trends, developments, and cases, reporting highlights.Â Review, interpret and make recommendation to management for improvement of the company products, policies, procedures and programs.
- Ensure compliance with employment legislation and regulation.
- Respond to day-to-day legal issues raised within the organization and, according to circumstances, provide guidance and recommendations for problem resolution.
- Provide counsel covering all aspects of employment laws (e.g. civil rights, wage and hour laws, leaves of absence, disability-related laws, immigration laws) as they relate to and affect business decisions.Â
- Assist in drafting multinational employment agreements, confidentiality agreements, separation agreements, expatriate agreements, etc.
- Assist in handling administrative claims (e.g. discrimination, wage and hour, workplace safety) from filing of the claim to conclusion of the agency process.
- Manage employment litigation matters and agency claims.
- Partner with Human Relations and Compliance teams in educating management and employees on benefit and employment issues.Â
- Provide advice and counsel to the business on federal, state and local employment laws, including unemployment compensation, worker's compensation, wage and hour, FMLA, FLSA, OSHA, and discrimination issues.
- Conduct or assist with employment-related investigations and advise management regarding disciplinary matters.
- Advise the companyâs product management and development organizations with respect to developing features that enable and enhance our customersâ ability to comply with employment laws and regulations while using Workday's Human Capital Management applications.Â
- Manage program of continuous global monitoring for changes to regulatory and compliance regimes that affect Workday and its Human Capital Management applications.
- Strong leadership ability, including outstanding influence and communication skills
- A strong team player who can work well with Workday colleagues in other functional areas.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-output, team oriented, practical environment
- Demonstrated willingness to identify and act on ways he or she may assist others to accomplish corporate goals
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for solving problems and adding value to the Company
- Committed to his or her Â personal growth and development by actively seeking feedback and responding with action
- Open and honest in communications with all stakeholders â legal colleagues, management, customers, auditors, regulators and others
The Workday Experience is the combination of everything thatâ²s unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, Cantina happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly itâ²s our people. Itâ²s everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a workday. At Workday, we are committed to equal employment opportunity.
Workday does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us. Our supplier base is restricted to specified hiring needs. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Workday will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.
||Pleasanton, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services