Human Resources Director Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Human Resources Director
Human Resources | Santa Monica, CA, United States
Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media â€" how it's created, consumed and shared!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is as diverse, adventurous and open-minded as the content we create for the world. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers.
We're looking for ambitious, driven, self-starters who want to be on the leading edge of innovation in online media and technology. This position is located in Santa Monica.
Do you have a passion for helping teams operate more effectively? This position requires you to hit the ground running with a passionate â€œcan-doâ€ attitude. We are looking for someone with strong employee relations skills that has extensive experience partnering with managers across the organization. You must be self-motivated, disciplined and be able to work effectively across many groups within the company. You should thrive in fast paced and creative environments with business managers who move quickly.
Come join a small, yet integral team within Demand Media where you will be encouraged to utilize your creativity and ingenuity every day!
- Provide coaching and counsel to business leadership teams on a broad array of HR and employee relations issues based on an understanding of the business strategy, industry practices and labor market considerations.
- Act as a â€œright-handâ€ to the VP, Human Resources.
- Advises and influences all levels of management on performance management, organizational development & effectiveness, and management effectiveness.
- Leads high-level employee relations matters.
- Maintains employer-employee relationships that contribute to productivity, motivation, and morale.
- Lead the implementation of the HR business plan and company-wide key value initiatives.
- Leads and executes ad-hoc, high-level HR projects as needed.
- Provides expertise and guidance to HR team members across the organization on HR best practices as well as applicable labor laws and regulations such as EEO, ADA, ADEA, DLSA, etc.
- Leverage all HR programs, policies, processes and systems across the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- 10+ years of progressively complex HR business partner/generalist experience, including Employee Relations and Performance Management
- Demonstrated employee relations skills.
- Project management experience.
- Experience in high â€" technology, media, or start â€" up culture is highly preferred.
- Experience designing and implementing a wide variety of large and small HR programs and initiatives.
- Knowledge of California wage and hour laws, FMLA, EEO, ADEA, FEHA and OSHA (CalOSHA) and other applicable regulations.
- Excellent communication skills, detail oriented, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to make educated decisions quickly.
- Strong data and analytical skills â€" ability to use HR data to drive business decisions.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels within the organization.
- SPHR or PHR preferred.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED