Human Resources Generalist SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources and Office Support | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
Human Resources Generalist - As a member of the Human Resources team, you'll play a critical role in partnering with and supporting our human resources managers, helping them to build and develop their fast-growing organizations.
- Assist with the creation, documentation and implementation of human resources policies, programs and processes
- Participate in the investigation of employee relations issues and research employee grievances
- Assist with government reporting, compliance and filings including AAP, EEO-1 and VETS100
- Research and assist with responses filed with government agencies
- Respond to initial unemployment claims and employment verifications
- Provide high caliber general administrative support for human resources managers
- Calendar and track key dates of human resources events
- Assist with coordinating the annual performance review process
- Respond to routine HR questions or redirect employees to appropriate contacts
- Plan logistics for employee meetings and roundtables, including preparation of PowerPoint presentations and data, room reservations and technology set-up
- Maintain and create all hard and soft copy employee files onsite
- Proactively analyze and make recommendations for continuous improvement in the department
- Set priorities, meet deadlines and follow up on assignments with a minimum of direction
- Maintain standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents
- Other miscellaneous duties and projects assigned, as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years of HR experience in meeting fast paced employee based or client needs
- Demonstrated outstanding experience supporting a human resources team as a highly collaborative and well integrated partner
- Ability to manage complex office administrative work requiring the use of independent judgment and initiative
- Ability to make decisions when there is a lack of information and the ability to change course of action quickly
- Highly skilled in meeting deadlines, prioritizing work and driving quality results
- Approaches work with a high degree of organization, attention to detail, and strong follow-up skills
- Maintains a positive, professional demeanor under pressure and able to quickly reprioritize work
- Approaches work with a strong sense of purpose, competence, authority and compassion
- Regularly applies critical thinking to understanding current processes and resolving issues
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the professional savvy of communicating at all levels
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
- Experience using Jobvite
- Experience with ADP or Ultimate Pro
- Human Resource certification, training or professional human resource affiliations
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED