Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
The Immigration Paralegal would assist Tesla's in-house immigration program. This position would report senior legal counsel and assist the Immigration ProgramManager in handling a large portion of immigration matters in-house, specifically employment-based, nonimmigrant visa applications and permanent residency applications. This position is also responsible for compiling and maintaining various status reports.
- Start to finish preparation of employment-based immigration petitions with minimal assistance and supervision, including:
o H-1B, L-1, TN, H-3, E-3 and H-1B1 visas;
o PERM, I-140 petitions and I-485 applications; and
o Various other visas.
- Regularly provide instruction and advice to Tesla employees and foreign nationals on immigration practices and procedures.
- Assist with any problems that may arise relative to a foreign national's immigration status.
- Preparation of monthly status expiration reports, and updates of Tracker system.
- Ensure employee and employer compliance with Tesla's new immigration policy and procedures.
- Directly handle the recruitment steps necessary to sponsor a foreign national employee for permanent residency.
- Assist with U.S. national's work-related emigration to foreign countries.
- Strong, in-depth knowledge of immigration law, including experience with each visa type mentioned above.
- 5 years of Immigration Paralegal experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree with a strong academic background.
- Strong legal writing and drafting skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- Experience with immigration tracking software.
- Experienced professional with great relationship skills, team player, self starter, independent thinker, and has the ability to anticipate the next steps and future issues.
- Ability to work well in a diverse and fast-paced environment with a large and diverse group of people, including Human Resources, Global Mobility, Tesla recruiting, Tesla hiring managers, candidates from countries throughout the world as well as their families.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|