Industry Events Manager Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Manager, Industry Events Marketing | San Francisco, CA, United States Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Are you a stickler for details? Do you cross all your t's and dot all of your i's? Do you look for ways to streamline and automate processes? Do you plan for the best, but are able to adapt and execute when things change?
There are many elements to this role, but the reward is working at a fun and dynamic company named as #1 Big Data Innovator and #4 Most Innovative Company by Fast Company.
The Industry Events Manager will act as a player coach, leading the team that delivers Splunk's presence at industry events and trade shows across the Americas. This role is based at San Francisco HQ (working from Splunk's Cupertino office is a possibility.) Some travel will be required. This position will report into the Director of Field Marketing, but requires the ability to work and lead cross-functionally.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Research, plan and manage Splunk's presence at industry events in the Americas
- Work with Product marketing managers and business development team to map product messaging and programs around industry events
- Proactively communicate speaking opportunities at industry events to Splunk's evangelists and PR team
- Track lead flow to ensure appropriate sales channels are following up quickly on marketing activities
- Evaluate and report on ROI for all programs-- make decisions on future participation based on ROI
- Manage trade show specialist to assist with execution
- Collaborate with exhibit house on booth/ new property builds
- Work closely with finance team to manage budgets and report on actuals
- Manage Splunk's event calendar on splunk.com and in Salesforce.com
- Manage mutually beneficial vendor relationships
- Proactively seek customer and field sales team engagement/ feedback and customize/ map programs accordingly
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Proven track record executing amazing multi-faceted event and demand generation programs
- Create scalable, non-bureaucratic processes and look for opportunities to automate when possible
- Written and spoken communication that is clear and concise
- Must be a self starter able to take direction from management
- Attention to detail
- Manage to budget
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate creative problem solving
- Ability to influence others in a cross-functional team
- Ability to manage workloads and prioritize requests to meet deadlines
- Ability to represent Splunk at events and engage customers in dialogue about their business needs and technology solutions
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Ability to understand Splunk messaging and technologies being marketed
- Salesforce.com Wizard, ideally Eloqua or Marketo experience
- Project management/ technology implementation experience a plus
- Experience in security, networks, business intelligence or other enterprise software a plus
- Enjoys wearing black t-shirts with snarky slogans
About Splunk: Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more. Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 5,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more.
Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business. Splunk software has become a platform for machine data! Splunk now has over 700 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world. We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool! SF Only Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED