Infor delivers fully integrated enterprise solutions for a wide range of industries, as well as best-in-class, stand-alone products that address the essential challenges its customers face in areas such as enterprise resource planning, supply chain planning and execution, customer and supplier relationship management, asset management, product lifecycle management, financial and performance management, and business intelligence. With over 12,000 employees and offices in over 150 countries, Infor provides enterprise solutions to more than 70,000 customers. For additional information, visit
JOB POSITION: Industry Strategy Lead, Equipment
JOB LOCATION: Remote located in North America
JOB SUMMARY: The Industry Strategy Lead, Equipment is responsible for developing the global go to market strategy for Infor's Equipment, Service Maintenance and Rental software solutions, driving growth through the enablement of sales and marketing teams through market segmentation, compelling messaging to reach those markets and effective sales tools to assist pursuit and conversion. Reporting to the Senior Director of Industry and Solutions and working closely with all Marketing Product Development and field facing organizations, including Sales, Partners, Business Development, Support and Services, this is a high profile, global role that requires you to work collaboratively across functions to develop, shape and execute the go-to-market strategy for Infor Equipment solutions
Develop go-to-market strategy
- Strategic market analysis, identification of growth opportunities and segmentation strategy
- Development and prioritization of channels to market
- Identification of new product â€" services combinations
- Work closely with sales leadership to ensure sales teams equipped with tools and content to prosecute sales opportunities
- Positioning, key message and value proposition development
- Create and manage Sales toolkits and other Sales readiness activities
- Communication of training materials to Sales and Channel partners
- Competitive and win/loss analysis
- Provide appropriate Market Analysis and advise on market opportunity and development.
- Work with Global Marketing to create global demand generation campaigns and associated assets
- Work with Regional Marketing related to campaign execution, including 'domain-expert' support for regional industry events.
- Support the launch of new products and ongoing marketing of existing products within the industry.
- Define and develop collaterals - case studies, white papers, brochures, videos, etc.
- Provide industry-rich compelling content for web-site relating to Equipment topics
Awareness and Influence
- Participate in media relations (e.g., briefings and Sales pitches) and analyst relations (e.g., briefings) activities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key industry associations and thought leaders
- Build customer communities through driving industry advisory boards and other user-group activities
- Promote thought-leadership through social media, external speaking events, etc.
- Work with Product Management to help gather market requirements to contribute product roadmap
- Analyze key marketing performance metrics on a regular basis in order to improve effectiveness.
- Maintain strong understanding of market trends and competitor activities to assess the impact on Infor strategy.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Marketing / Pre-Sales / Services/ Analyst background in enterprise applications
· 5-10 years' experience in the Equipment market (eg. Heavy industrial equipment manufacturers, Dealers, Service Management and Rental) in a management or senior role
· Strong knowledge and experience of the dealership and service maintenance / rental markets(either as user, analyst, selling or marketing into)
· Degree in Marketing or Business Management or related field; or equivalent experience.
· Must be able to speak and write English fluently.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, including public speaking.
· Ability and evidence of working as individual contributor 'hands-on'.
· Proven organizational, leadership and decision-making skills.
· Ability to work in a matrix, distributed global team with tight deadlines.
· Must be willing to travel - up to 20% of time Americas and international (4-6 international trips / year)
preferred skills & KNOWLEDGE:
· Prior direct involvement with enterprise applications that operate in the Equipment market including but not limited to SAP, Microsoft XAPT, eEmphasys, Oak Adaptive, ADP (PFW) and Dealer Information Systems (DIS)
· Individuals with knowledge of Caterpillar dealers an advantage
· Any additional languages or experience of working in Europe.
· Preferred locations: Atlanta, Ann Arbor, Boston
|Location:||Remote Office, OR |