Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Tesla has delivered more than 2,400 Roadsters to customers worldwide and received more than 13,000 reservations for Model S. Model S, the world's first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle, began deliveries to U.S. customers in June of this year and was named Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the Year.
We are looking for a highly motivated Information Security Engineer to support Information Security at Tesla Motors. Knowledgeable technically in areas of Information Security including but not limited to: IT Infrastructure, Application Environments, IT Security, Networking, technical compliance and governance
Fremont and Palo Alto, CA
- Must be able to mitigate the business risk by designing and implementing security solutions at applications, perimeter and end point devices.
- Works with the system administration team to implement the right security policies with the servers, laptops, desktops, storage appliances, virtualization platforms and network devices.
- Works with the IT applications team to audit application platforms throughout the development cycle, identify security risks and mitigate the risks by suggesting and implementing the remediation actions.
- Leads Information Security initiatives and serves as a point of contact for Information Security.
- Conducts system security risk assessments to identify weaknesses, scans for operating system vulnerabilities, recommends and prioritizes remediation actions.
- Produces audit reports to management with system security status across various platforms including application environment, firewalls, VPN endpoints, antivirus systems, and system patch level.
- Develops SOX security controls for the infrastructure, application environments and manages the controls.
- Solid experience in Enterprise information security especially in a large technology firm combined with manufacturing.
- Should have some experience with application development and/or tightening security for application environment (LAMP, Drupal, SQL, MySQL, IIS, Oracle and etc.).
- Excellent understanding and experience in Routing, Switching, Network protocols and Network Security.
- Strong understanding of Web application platforms and the security around them.
- Strong Understanding of Microsoft Windows, Linux and VMWare ESX systems.
- Ability to work with vulnerability reporting and pen test tools and their output.
- Experience with hardening of web platforms, application environment, operating systems, conducting security assessments, scanning systems for vulnerabilities and identifying remediation.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, LDAP, WSUS, Group policies and DNS.
- Working knowledge of Symantec endpoint Protection Suite.
- Should have Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- Familiarity with SOX, GLBA, ISO 27002 and FFIEC Guidelines
One or more Industry certifications:
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CE|H)
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|