Information Security Specialist SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Information Security Specialist
Security | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
SpaceX is looking for an experienced Information Security Specialist to support the IT and Security teams at SpaceX. The selected candidate will have intense technical skills.
Skills needed include:
- Networking (configure, test and monitor)
- Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)
- Packet capture analysis
- Operating Systems (hardening and assessment)
- Applications (hardening and assessment)
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Are there potential security holes in any of the above?
- Penetration Testing
- Maintain and improve the security posture of SpaceX
- Work with diverse groups within the company to design and deliver creative solutions
- Support Certification and Accreditation of systems.
- Ensure activities and working locations comply with contractual security specifications, company and customer security requirements, and government regulations
- Develop technically accurate and professionally packaged documentation to support company projects and customer requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other technical domains preferred; at least 6 years of relevant industry experience and CISSP (or similar certifications â€" CISA, GSEC, etc.) required
- Strong experience in a majority of the following areas: Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS/HIDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems, Security Incident Management, malware and antivirus detection/prevention solutions, enterprise auditing, network vulnerability assessment, network penetration tools and methods, Server/Workstation security
- Networking experience configuring, test and monitoring switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection systems and conducting packet capture analysis
- Demonstrated experience assessing and hardening Windows, Linux and MacOS platforms and their associated applications
- Strong ability to conduct vulnerability assessments to evaluate and fix potential security holes
- Past experience performing penetration tests to determine vulnerability assessments have been correctly addressed
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience developing security solutions in accordance with DoD and NASA requirements
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED