Infrastructure Architect-Technical Operations (-02609) Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Do you want to actually look forward to Monday mornings?
You can at Workday! We embody the qualities of a great company, offer world-class products and services, listen to our employees, empower creativity and innovation, and celebrate a job well done. Itâs that simple, and has earned us the #1 ranking on two 2012 âBest Places to Workâ surveys (as voted by our own employees).
Workday is looking for an Architect to join our Technical Operations team. You will have responsibility for architecting the hardware, systems and network infrastructure in our 9 global production customer data centers. You will also assist with additional systems for Development, Marketing, Partners, Sales and Training.
With a growing customer base and a Software-as-Service model, you need to think security, scalability, and reliability -- constantly. You must enjoy the fast pace of an Internet company where the requirements for the data center infrastructure will change rapidly. Your daily work will have a direct impact on our customers and our business. And, you won't be bored with repetitive tasks as you'll be busy growing your skills as the company grows.
- Develop Operations Infrastructure Architectural solutions for major Infrastructure projects. Scope includes systems and networking infrastructure.
- Shape solutions through early and active involvement in the Project & Product Lifecycle.
- Ensure architectures improve availability, scalability, and other requirements from counterparts in Operations, Infrastructure, and Product Development.
- Development of a long-range technology roadmap and architecture in all relevant operational technology domains, working with relevant stakeholders.
- Remain actively involved in projects beyond the architectural definition, providing assistance during the Engineering and Implementation phases.
- Gather feedback on architectural solutions in production to ensure requirements have been met, adjusting designs if required.
- In some cases, perform Engineering and pilot implementation of new technologies introduced through a new architectural solution.
Skills and Experience:
- Â Â Solid knowledge of operations architecture, current product capabilities, technology directions, theory, frameworks and industry best practices, with a keen appreciation of associated benefits and practical limitations.
- Automation frameworks such as Chef, puppet, etc.
- Large scale web operations in Software-as-a-Service or Consumer Web
- Excellent hands on technical skill and related experience.
- Good verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organizations.
- Ability to work effectively with Development architects
- Deep expertise in designing, building, operating, and troubleshooting Linux/Unix-based large scale Internet systems
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or equivalent required, Masters preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build scalable web-based systems that support rapid growth
||Pleasanton, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services