Inside Sales Manager, Plano Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
We are seeking an exceptional sales leader to join our team as Inside Sales Manager. This position reports to the Director of Sales. In addition to requisite passion, skills and experience, the successful candidate will have a measurable track record in building and managing high performing sales teams. This individual will play a key role in driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Directly manage the sales team and work closely with assigned technical resources
- Consistently deliver aggressive license, support and service revenue targets â€" commitment to the number and to deadlines
- Player/coach: Hands on with the team; very involved with sales calls, territory/opportunity management, and strategy
- Ability to negotiate favorable pricing and terms by selling value and ROI
- Responsible for accurately forecasting on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis. This will require, but not be limited to holding weekly forecast reviews and deal strategy sessions
- Support sales director in implementing strategic initiatives and promoting a high energy, high activity environment
- Work with partners for maximum effectiveness and territory expansion
- Leverage sales engineering in house as well as partner services resources
- Hire, train, retain the right team to match our growth
- Good corporate citizen â€" two way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing
- Write performance reviews for direct reports and present to the ISR's
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 5+ years' experience building and running front line sales teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company; second line management experience a plus
- 10+ years direct and channel selling experience too small and medium size business
- Very comfortable talking to the technical guys, the lines of business and the â€œCâ€ Suite
- Strong executive presence and polish
- Forecasting commitments and forecasting accuracy
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Use CRM systems (Sales Force) extensively
Education: Got it! Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has almost 3,000 customers in over 70 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 400 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Health Care, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, Commuter benefits, PTO and sick leave, 401K, 3 weeks vacation, 2 completely stacked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Monday and Bagel Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, bbqs, soccer, ski trips, on-site yoga classes, health fairs.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED