Instrumentation Engineer SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Avionics - Hardware Development | Hawthorne, CA, United States
The Company SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Design, build, integrate, and database a cutting edge flight/ground test instrumentation system that meets analyst's data needs.
- Rapidly resolve novel instrumentation challenges
- Troubleshoot acceleration, pressure, acoustic, strain, position and thermal sensors
- Hands-on hardware integration
- Streamline/automate processes and systems to handle several vehicles in parallel
- Lead interdisciplinary teams
- Execute flight instrumentation systems from start-to-finish (system design, sensor selection/customization, installation, testing, data analysis, and report generation)
- Provide design and production guidelines, requirements, and procedures to design and manufacturing engineers
- Develop sensor and data databases
- Minimum BS in Engineering or related discipline
- Experience identifying and fixing sensor signal quality issues
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, communication and documentation skills
- A â€œcan doâ€ attitude and the ability/enthusiasm necessary to work in a unique, fast-paced environment
- Enjoy troubleshooting and detail oriented work
- Experience conducting large scale and high channel count field tests with accelerometers, pressure transducers, strain gauges, and thermocouples.
- Experience developing vibration mitigation systems such as isolators, tuned mass dampers, or shock absorbers
- Experience in aerospace, aircraft, or automotive dynamics or instrumentation
- Understands wireless sensor networking
- Experience with Matlab, Excel, Labview, databases, and National Instruments hardware
- Strong enthusiasm for technology
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of States.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED