Instrumentation Manufacturing Engineer Intern Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Manufacturing Engineer Intern will work with R&D, Project Management, QA/RA and Manufacturing to improve the design of our instruments for manufacturability and serviceability, own the design transfer process, and improve the quality and efficiency of manufacturing.
1. Participate in the design and review of instrument designs to maximize their manufacturability and serviceability.
2. Assist production with problems encountered during the assembly and test process.
3. Execute design changes required by obsolescence of instrument components or by changes in regulations.
4. Participate in the Materials Review Board to help determine the disposition of non-conforming raw materials.
5. Train and participate in the "Lean Manufacturing" movement in the Operations department including cellular manufacturing, reduced set-up times, and overall waste reduction.
6. Document and implement process improvements for sustainability.
7. Participate in evaluation and interaction with suppliers.
8. Test process troubleshooting, device debugging and NCR resolution.
9. PCBA failure mode diagnostic and debugging.
1. Develop work instructions and procedures for new and exisiting product lines.
2. Perform time studies on existing processes.
3. Identify and propose design changes to reduce instrument COGS.
1. Ability to decipher technical drawings and schematics.
2. Possess a mechanical aptitude with basic electrical circuit knowledge.
3. The ideal candidate is pursuing a degree in manufacturing/engineering, industrial technology/practices, quality technology/engineering, manufacturing engineering/operations management or related field.
4. Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
2. Knowledge of Excel/PowerPoint/AutoCad, with a working knowledge of various manufacturing processes.
1. Employee may be regularly required to talk or listen, stand, walk, sit, stoop, crawl and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
2. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
3. Must be able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations.
4. Prolonged sitting, typing and lifting up to 40 pounds.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Sunnyvale, California, United States
||Sunnyvale, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED