Integration Engineer â€" Body Controls
(Location: Palo Alto, California)
About Tesla Motors
Tesla Motors is leading the world in the production of highway-capable battery-powered electrical vehicles. The company makes thrilling products, provides an exciting work environment, and is leading the transportation industries toward significant improvements in energy efficiency in vehicles.
Tesla Motors is seeking an Integration Engineer to focus on vehicle electrics and body controls system integration. The Integration Engineer is responsible for ensuring product functions are successfully achieved by the integrated subsystems as they interact in the context of the whole vehicle. In this role at Tesla the engineer will be responsible for ensuring the body control electronics and firmware function correctly with all of the other systems in the vehicle. The engineer will:
- Bring-up and debug complex systems involving networked microprocessors and software-controlled electrical and electrical-mechanical devices.
- Understand and debug interfaces/interactions required for successful implementation of vehicle level firmware.
- Work with the cross-discipline development and design engineers throughout the engineering organization and external vendors to ensure the relevant subsystems are designed with appropriate requirements, interfaces, and interactions to achieve specific vehicle functions.
- Fabricate prototype test setups and hardware-in-the-loop testers to integrate new subsystems with simulated and actual vehicle components.
- Coordinate and test software and/or hardware releases.
- Report and track issues with software and/or hardware releases.
This engineer must be eager to work in an aggressive start-up company environment with great opportunities for growth and spectacular achievement.
This engineer should:
- Be skilled at understanding system-level and sub-system-level requirements.
- Be effective organizing and managing internal resources as required to support the cross-disciplinary aspects of his/her projects: in-vehicle packaging, regulatory issues, software and hardware integration, system-level debug, validation, issues tracking, etc.
- Have strong problem solving skills and an aptitude for learning systems quickly.
- Have experience with automotive integration issues. Examples: vehicle use cases, drivability and other aspects of the user experience, environmental conditions, safety requirements, EMI, 12V power system, safety critical control strategies and architectures.
- Be comfortable analyzing data, as well as developing analytical tools to command functions, to monitor responses, or to aid in data review.
- Have hands-on technical experience debugging complex systems involving networked microprocessors and software-controlled electrical or electromechanical devices.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or equivalent.
- Have an exceptional capacity for managing simultaneous activities and challenges.
- Have creative capacity for developing new ways to integrate complex system better and faster in alignment with the aggressive Tesla approach to revolutionary product development.
|Location:||Deer Creek, MN |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|