Integration/Java Technical Lead Brightcove
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Integration/Java Technical Lead
Consulting | Boston, MA, United States
Req ID: 862
In the time it takes you to read this sentence, the Brightcove video player has been loaded over 9,000 times worldwide. That's over 1 Billion video player requests per week!
Brightcove is looking for a talented Integration/Java Technical Lead to join our Consulting team. The global Consulting team draws from deep digital media expertise to address our client's complex issues that go beyond Brightcove's standard set of products and that span business, technology and end-user experience considerations.
We address both digital media strategies and designing and building innovative user experiences. To sum it up, we're looking for the best and brightest to help our clients with leading-edge thinking, to influence innovation in Brightcove's products, and to build some really cool stuff.
You will own customer implementations and interactions, starting in pre-sales, through design, development and testing, and concluding with handoff and knowledge transfer. The solutions will be diverse, including:
- ETL migrations from other OVP platforms
- Video portals including paywall integrations, user generated content and custom search and navigation
- Integration efforts for complex custom player projects, including desktop flash, HTML5 and native iOS and Android players
Outside of the project context, you will proactively help define Brightcove Consulting's offerings and best practices, and mentor junior developers.
You will not be in meetings all day long - you will be writing code. A lot of it. You will be a master in at least one of J2EE, PHP or .NET, and you will hold your own in discussions and reviews of the others. You will be able to diagnose and debug code, application, system and architecture issues. You will be able to communicate solutions clearly in writing and in person to both peers and clients.
You will be skilled in:
- J2EE, Spring and Web Portal development
- XML, JSON and data transformations
- Solution architecture (scalability, reliability, deployment, etc)
- Project estimation and team management
- System operations and engineering (Linux/Windows/Amazon Web Services administration)
If not already familiar, you will quickly learn:
- Brightcove and other OVP architecture and APIs
- Advertizing and analytic offerings for video players and web portals
- Video encoding and playback solutions
- Accountable and responsible
- Analytical and curious
- Ability to lead by word and example
- Ability to communicate to both technical and business owners
- Ability to learn and adapt
We use some pretty cool stuff in a lot of different ways because the technology and customer needs are constantly changing.
We encourage constant learning because every client is different and unique.
We are active in the developer community and host lots of local meet-ups to make sure that we are plugged into what is going on around us.
It's going to be a fun ride and would love to have you come join us!
This position is based at Brightcove's new headquarters building, one block from South Station, overlooking the Fort Point Channel in Boston's Innovation District.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Boston, MA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.Investors: Accel Partners All Jobs: at Brightcove
|Headquarters:||One Cambridge Center|
Cambridge, MA 02142
|Company Profile:||Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.
We're dedicated to harnessing the inherent power of the Internet to transform the distribution and consumption of media.
Brightcove empowers content ownersfrom independent producers to major broadcast networksto reach their audiences directly through the Internet. At the same time, we help web publishers enrich their sites with syndicated video programming, and we give marketers more ways to communicate and engage with their consumers.
Most importantly, we give people the freedom to easily find, watch and participate in a broad range of video contentwhen and where they choose.|
Support Brightcove with Social Media services