Integration & Test Engineer (Avionics Tower) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Integration & Test Engineer (Avionics Tower)
Manufacturing and Production Engineering | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Serves as lead integration and test engineer for the Falcon 9 Avionics Tower integrated assembly in Hawthorne, CA
- Responsible for management and closure of Falcon 9 Avionics Tower top level assembly work order ensuring that all hardware kits are defined and integrated properly complying to the referenced drawing configuration and all test procedures are defined and executed properly
- Coordinates and prioritizes all cross-disciplinary assembly activities consistent with the AVI Tower assembly concept of operations ensuring top-level schedule milestones are met
- Responsible for daily task list and coordinates with production floor managers for technician and resource support
- Communicates with manufacturing and design engineering as necessary to ensure that material supply to the hardware kits in the AVI Tower assembly bill of materials are delivered in pace and consistent with the integrated concept of operations and schedule
- Updates and optimizes integrated concept of operations for the Avionics Tower assembly as required throughout production build
- Approves top-level assembly releases/EOs
- Responsible for creation and closure of integration and/or test anomalies associated with Avionics Tower top level work order through utilization of the resource planning system
- Provides direct support to Flight Systems Management for pre-ship reviews to ensure that the AVI Tower integrated assembly satisfies system level requirements before shipment to the launch site
- Will be required to provide technical support for Avionics Tower integrated assembly operations with integration and test personnel as necessary at Texas Test site, Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg launch sites
- Some travel to launch sites to support vehicle operations may be required
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical. Aerospace, or other), plus two years of applicable experience
- Minimum three years experience as a manufacturing or test engineer supporting highly integrated cross-disciplinary assembly operations
- Master of Science in Engineering field preferred
- Some experience with structural acceptance testing, integrated avionics testing, harness integration, RF testing and/or system level propulsion leak checks preferred
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience as a technical project lead is preferred
Additional position information
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED